• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Leadtek 6800gt won't start at bootup

Spectacle

n00b
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
1
Yesterday, I put together a new PC, and everything seemed fine and dandy, all the programs and games I tried worked perfectly. However, when I turned on the computer this morning, the screen stayed blankl, and themotherboards's voice error reporting said that the "VGA test failed".

I have a Leadtek 6800gt THD, PC-express on a Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe motherboard.

I don't know anyone else with a PCI-express setup, so I'm unable to do the usual thing of trying the video card in another computer, so I'm not sure if it is the video card that has stopped working, or if something has gone wrong with the motherboard.

I tried taking the video card out of its slot and putting it back in, and changing the power cable, but it didn't help. The fan on the video card doesn't start, if that means anything.

Any thoughts?
 
Back
Top