Leadtek 6600gt running 91C @ load! Is this normal?

grenadier

Limp Gawd
My 6600gt is running 51C idle and anywhere between 85C and 91C load after running HDR for ten minutes. This temp seems extremely high. Is this normal??

Edit: These temps are at a core overclock of 540 (from 500). Load even at 500 is still pretty high though at 85C.

Yeah I would relax the o/c and see what you get under load, over 70s seems a bit high.

Record your temps with stock settings, and are you noticing any tearing, artificating, or discoloration

i've got the same card and i only run idle of 41c and high 50's load on BF2 at stock speed of 500/900 but i do have the sides of my case off 24/7

Mine runs at 40C idle and around 47C full load. Stock speeds. I would say yours is a bit out of the norm. :)

You know I think it might be that the mfg didn't set the hs/f correctly, it's happened before to people on here.

Take it off, reseat it, maybe clean the crapy stuff they use as a thermal paste off and put some quality AS5 on it, if anything the AS5 will lower it a couple degrees C, ussually does.

~Adam

Just got a Chaintech 6600GT AGP, but I dont know how to check my temps.

My load temps at stock speeds are still quite high at around 85C. I've been getting artifacting in BF2, but in no other games (Doom 3, etc). I've tried two other cards (Gigabyte 6600, XFX 6600 256mb) that have also had the same artifacting problem in BF2 so I'm pretty sure it's not the cards. It's not artifacting like I've ever seen it before either (green / black parts of the screen) it's like pieces of other frames get partially overlaid. This happed with all three cards even with the case door off and a box fan blowing into the case...

Sounds like you have driver problems, try the last version or a newer beta version, make sure to follow the FAQ's guidelines.

~Adam

DieHard007 said:
i've got the same card and i only run idle of 41c and high 50's load on BF2 at stock speed of 500/900 but i do have the sides of my case off 24/7

If you have a case with good airflow, having the side panel off only increases temps since air is not being pushed across the card correctly

Back