• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCDs with small bezels for multi-screen side-by-side

P1x3L

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
81
I'm looking for a screen with at least the features and quality of the HP zr2740w (I own one and like it compared with ACD and the like). I might go with a 24-inch instead of 27-inch too.

What I'm looking for is the smallest amount of bezel on the sides so that I can make a 3 screen setup more appealing and seamless. Also, why can't they just have lots of bezel on the top and barely any on the sides for situations like this?
 
you can always debezel it.

I have never heard of a thin bezel ips that comes thin stock.

Just search on the internet. I have done it myself. Its relatively easy.

Or the samsung md230x3, its not ips, and it is 23, but it does come with slim bezels.
 
It isn't really worth debezeling if the plastic is less than half an inch, and then there is metal right next to that. A centimeter or so benefit and I look like I've left the Matrix?

Those Samsungs seem nice, but I'm wondering about what kind of support I need for that "3 monitors in 1" - I don't want to run into any issues with Linux support!

Another issues is watching and editing videos. For example, with my current three monitor setup I always just full screen video on the center monitor due to the fact that it would be annoying/unwatchable if it was spanned over the two inches of bezel between each of the three monitors. If I have 6 small monitors, 3 small monitors, or 3 skinny and vertically long monitors (as the Samsung line represents), then will I end up watching videos across them? I feel like I might end up truncating the videos to one of the 3/6 screens - and if I end up rolling with the first or third rig displayed here: http://www.sunrainet.com/samsung-eyefinity-multi-screen-md230x6-and-md230x3-4750-usd.html
it would just look silly (having 1 of 6 screens showing a video and the rest annoyingly bright or blank, for example)!

This is why I think I should get 3 27", so there is a proper size when maximizing a video.
 
As for video sizes, you can solve this concern by going to a 30 inch monitor, and still leave a little space for other applications.
 
Everyone worries about the bezels, but for most people, they disappear after a couple of days.

I have lots of issues with my 3 monitor setup, but bezels are not even on the radar.

I have my side monitors nested with their edges behind the edges of the center screen so it's only a single bezel...
 
I have lots of issues with my 3 monitor setup, but bezels are not even on the radar.

What are these problems?

I currently use a three-22" CRT rig. Multi-GPU support on Linux is current my biggest issue - second, probably, to power consumption.
 
IPS237L is coming out soon. IPS 23" 1920x1080, 5ms and it's bezel is only 10mm

There's no thinner bezel available than that other than the expensive Samsung 950D, which is also 10mm, but that's a TN panel, 120hz and the stand looks funky

There's the Samsung MD230 that's used in their 3 and 6 display configs but they don't appear to be available or purchasable separately. Seems like the 3 screen thing comes as a package. Anyway, those aren't good gaming displays. 8ms and if you have a problem with just 1 screen, Samsung makes you send the whole 3 screens in for repair.

I'm a thin bezel guy too. Currently have a ZR30W and love it, but thinking of giving up it's awesome clarity and picture to go with 3 IPS237L's due to those thin bezels while still being IPS
 
What are these problems?

I currently use a three-22" CRT rig. Multi-GPU support on Linux is current my biggest issue - second, probably, to power consumption.

Games not supporting NV Surround or not supporting it well.

The pain of shifting from NV Surround to something else.

The very weird start bar behavior if you don't want it on the center monitor.

Etc.
 
IPS237L is coming out soon. IPS 23" 1920x1080, 5ms and it's bezel is only 10mm

Great! I hope there is a larger IPS237L display than 23" - and I hope it matches the quality of the ZR2740W!

I'm thinking about hybrid solutions, but there would be resolution issues. For example, having a 27" in the center - but not needing a full 27" on either side... The monitor length won't match - but I know there are some smaller weird aspect ratio monitors that would fit though probably not elegantly.
 
Any updates on small bezel IPS monitors for this purpose? I wonder now if it is even worth it to do a hybrid solution. That is a widescreen (16:9 or 16:10) in the center, and some not-so-wide ones (perhaps 4:3) on the sides.
 
I'm looking for a screen with at least the features and quality of the HP zr2740w (I own one and like it compared with ACD and the like). I might go with a 24-inch instead of 27-inch too.

What I'm looking for is the smallest amount of bezel on the sides so that I can make a 3 screen setup more appealing and seamless. Also, why can't they just have lots of bezel on the top and barely any on the sides for situations like this?

Well some people will flip into portrait personally I wish all displays would have perfectly symmetrical bezels.

But I have to say, have you considered waiting maybe up to 6 months to see how the 4K game plays out? We could see TVs or large monitors which would be better than eyefinity since there would be no bezel. Depends on what you want out of it though, I assume that speed is not a concern since you listed IPS 60 hz displays.
 
It seems the 4k displays will be too large to act as single displays in a multi-display rig.
 
Back
Top