• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCDs The Text is Blurry when Scrolling

Sterling

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
69
HI All

I just purchased a new Samsung 730B LCD monitor. According to specs it has a 8 millesecond response time. However when I scroll the text becomes blurry. This monitor has gotten great reviews at Epinions, Pricegrabber and Circuit City etc. Im used to a old Sony Trinitron that is over 7 years old. Do all these LCDs get blurry when scrolling???
 
Yeah, it's going to be blurry....... but the real point is

Why do you care? I have pretty good vision and I'm young and I can't read stuff while scrolling either.. primarily because when i scroll ( i use a mouse wheel like most people) it moves too fast to read anyway.. No big deal I guess the reasoning would be.
 
Yeah, I have a 930B and it gets blurry when scrolling but then so did my NEC FE700 CRT. Unless your eyes are perfect and you can read that fast I don't see it as a problem. The games I've played are crisp and clear and that's the main use this monitor gets so I don't think it's a problem. When I scroll the list of titles on the forum I get a slight red shift on the yellow titles but it's never done it in the games. So, hmmm, doesn't matter to me that it does these things.
 
Mine does that too, but I could never read it on my CRT either so I don't care.
 
Go to mouse properties and set scrolling at 3-5 lines at a time. Then its not blurry anymore.
 
Back
Top