• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD without DVI?

Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
556
Hey, I am looking into getttin a new 19inch LCD. I found one but I dont think it comes with DVI, would I be missing something important?

And also if you wanted im looking for suggestions for these monitors with a limit of 250 bucks.
 
Yes. Quality.

VGA converts a signal from digital to analog, then back to digital.

DVI is a straight digital connection, giving you (in most cases, I don't really see how any monitor can make DVI worse) a clearer, more accurate picture.

All that said, I know people who can't really see a difference, or just don't care. I say try to find a comparison of the two before you go ahead and spend the extra cash.

EDIT: Here's a list of monitors that support DVI from Newegg (ordered by price). Just remember that some monitors that support DVI don't list that on Newegg's site, so you might be missing a few worth looking at.
 
i would get a 17 with, i can't stand vga's "quality"
 
Back
Top