LCD wire diagram?

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,497
My wife works in merchandising and has some displays that I took apart since they are no longer being used. They have a perfectly good 4" LCD in them and was wanting to use some of them for projects. I was going to make a portal gps project and possibly a DIY photo frame or a screen for my car. I was wondering if most of the LCD wiring diagrams were similar. It basically has the small ribbon cable, a ground and looks to be a power cable. Anyone have any ideas?
 
If I were in your shoes, I'd look for a manufacturer's part number or some other kind of identifying mark on the LCD.

It will take power, ground, and have some data wires so you can send data to it, and maybe so it can send data to you.

As far as if they are similar, I'm not sure, but I'd imagine so. Most manufacturers want people to use their products, so they try to make them easy to use.


Do you see a part number on it?
 
I went home for lunch and found got the info I needed I think. Its apparently a well used TFT LCD so it shouldnt be hard to find parts for. The Westinghouse DPF-0561 Photo frame uses the same screen. Its an Innolux 5.6" screen with 320x234 reso. I also found a sight that has pre-made driving boards so hopefully I can get them to work.
 
Sounds like you've got everything you need to get started! Good luck and I'm interested in what you are able to turn that thing into!
 
Back
Top