KompressorV12
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2006
- Messages
- 238
I was deadset on the Viewsonic VX2025wm, seemed perfect however I didn't like that it couldn't raise and it couldn't go horizontal and didnt have component inputs (for my xbox360), however those are extras that I wouldn't use that often, and the xbox360 can be connected using the VGA cable
I went into compusa to check out the monitor in person before I made a purchase from zipzoomfly, the monitor was amazing looked great, looked much bigger than it does online in pics (and I have a 19" viewsonic A90F+ CRT) but then I noticed a monitor right next to it, the samsung 215tw
this monitor seems like it completely rocks the viewsonic, 21", 1000:1 contrast ratio, it can go into portrait mode, it can raise and lower, it can tilt, it can swivel on it's base, it has component inputs, it has picture in picture, it has RCA audio inputs, and I put them side by side looking at the same pic with the same contrast number and brightness number on both monitors and the extra 200 contrast ratio blew the viewsonic out of the water, they both have 8ms response time as well, same with a 3 year warranty
compusa's price for the viewsonic was $450, the price for the samsung was $550 ($100 more, well worth it for me) my question is does anyone have any experience with this monitor or other samsung monitors? after reading this are you considering the samsung now? (I know ZZF has the viewsonic for $400, i'm hoping I can find the samsung for $500 somewhere as well)
help me decide as money is a big issue for me, but as of right now the benifits far outweigh the $100 pricetag
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS21DPWABXAA.asp?page=Specifications
I went into compusa to check out the monitor in person before I made a purchase from zipzoomfly, the monitor was amazing looked great, looked much bigger than it does online in pics (and I have a 19" viewsonic A90F+ CRT) but then I noticed a monitor right next to it, the samsung 215tw
this monitor seems like it completely rocks the viewsonic, 21", 1000:1 contrast ratio, it can go into portrait mode, it can raise and lower, it can tilt, it can swivel on it's base, it has component inputs, it has picture in picture, it has RCA audio inputs, and I put them side by side looking at the same pic with the same contrast number and brightness number on both monitors and the extra 200 contrast ratio blew the viewsonic out of the water, they both have 8ms response time as well, same with a 3 year warranty
compusa's price for the viewsonic was $450, the price for the samsung was $550 ($100 more, well worth it for me) my question is does anyone have any experience with this monitor or other samsung monitors? after reading this are you considering the samsung now? (I know ZZF has the viewsonic for $400, i'm hoping I can find the samsung for $500 somewhere as well)
help me decide as money is a big issue for me, but as of right now the benifits far outweigh the $100 pricetag
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS21DPWABXAA.asp?page=Specifications