I have been reading these forums for a little bit now, anandtech, hidef forums and decided i would post here to get some opinions.
Simply put, my CRT 19" syncmaster from samsung is too big and bulky, and I want to get a new TV that not only will play xbox360, ps2, but also act as my new monitor. HDTV is not a big priorty, as I have analog cable. But in the future, I would like my new set to have HDTV capabilities. I am looking for something for the bedroom, and anywhere up to 900 dollars. Preferably 26-27".
The other option is to get a normal LCD. More interested in widescreen. Dells looke nice, the 24" dell looks great, but is a little above my price range. And the inputs arent close to that of the olevias. I like the idea of a LCD meant for PCs, but the lack of inputs on most dells, samsungs, viewsonics does not please me. I am not currently going to use all the inputs, but I would like somethat that suits me into the future.
I have heard great things about these TVs from Olevia.
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT26HVE
> 15:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HDTV Display Ready
> 750:1 Aspect Ratio
> 1280 x 768 Native Resolution
> Response Time: 12ms
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT26HVX (res of 1366x768 I tried adding this res to my settings, and it says its invalid .. so I dont know if this would be a good choice)
26" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HDTV Display Ready
> 1200:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
> 1366 x 768 Native Resolution
> Response Time: 8ms
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVS
27" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HD Ready
> 750:1 Contrast Ratio
> DVI w/ HDCP Compatibility
> 10w X 2 Detachable Speakers
> 12ms Response Time
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVX
27" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio HD Ready
> HD Ready
> 750:1 Contrast Ratio
> DVI w/ HDCP Compatibility
> 10w X 2 Virtual Surround Sound
> 12ms Response Time
http://viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcdtv/n2750w/
27" color TFT active matrix, wide 1280x720 LCD
Optimum Resolution 1280x1024
Contrast Ratio 900:1 (typ)
Response Time 8ms gray-to-gray (avg)
Brightness 550 cd/m2 (typ)
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Glass Surface Anti-glare, anti-reflective coat
These are the ones I am really looking at.
I am leaning towards the Olevias because I hear good things from them, but I also hear the viewsonic is good and it has 51+ great reviews from newegg.
-->Like I said, I want this TV as a nice monitor for PC. I will be doing occasional to heavy gaming. Work stuff, word and excel.
-->XBOX360 has to look nice on it, and I believe it will on any of these with the component inputs.
-->DVDs need to look good coming from my computer (dvi out).
-->I want analog cable to look nice, or at least comparable to my normal direct view crt in the living room.
my main concern with a TV is that the resolution will be too big for such a large screen. I have read numerous opinions at this site and at other sites that say this is not a big problem.
any suggestions welcomed,
thanks in advance
dan
Simply put, my CRT 19" syncmaster from samsung is too big and bulky, and I want to get a new TV that not only will play xbox360, ps2, but also act as my new monitor. HDTV is not a big priorty, as I have analog cable. But in the future, I would like my new set to have HDTV capabilities. I am looking for something for the bedroom, and anywhere up to 900 dollars. Preferably 26-27".
The other option is to get a normal LCD. More interested in widescreen. Dells looke nice, the 24" dell looks great, but is a little above my price range. And the inputs arent close to that of the olevias. I like the idea of a LCD meant for PCs, but the lack of inputs on most dells, samsungs, viewsonics does not please me. I am not currently going to use all the inputs, but I would like somethat that suits me into the future.
I have heard great things about these TVs from Olevia.
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT26HVE
> 15:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HDTV Display Ready
> 750:1 Aspect Ratio
> 1280 x 768 Native Resolution
> Response Time: 12ms
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT26HVX (res of 1366x768 I tried adding this res to my settings, and it says its invalid .. so I dont know if this would be a good choice)
26" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HDTV Display Ready
> 1200:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
> 1366 x 768 Native Resolution
> Response Time: 8ms
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVS
27" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
> HD Ready
> 750:1 Contrast Ratio
> DVI w/ HDCP Compatibility
> 10w X 2 Detachable Speakers
> 12ms Response Time
http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVX
27" ÖLEVIA LCD TV
> 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio HD Ready
> HD Ready
> 750:1 Contrast Ratio
> DVI w/ HDCP Compatibility
> 10w X 2 Virtual Surround Sound
> 12ms Response Time
http://viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcdtv/n2750w/
27" color TFT active matrix, wide 1280x720 LCD
Optimum Resolution 1280x1024
Contrast Ratio 900:1 (typ)
Response Time 8ms gray-to-gray (avg)
Brightness 550 cd/m2 (typ)
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Glass Surface Anti-glare, anti-reflective coat
These are the ones I am really looking at.
I am leaning towards the Olevias because I hear good things from them, but I also hear the viewsonic is good and it has 51+ great reviews from newegg.
-->Like I said, I want this TV as a nice monitor for PC. I will be doing occasional to heavy gaming. Work stuff, word and excel.
-->XBOX360 has to look nice on it, and I believe it will on any of these with the component inputs.
-->DVDs need to look good coming from my computer (dvi out).
-->I want analog cable to look nice, or at least comparable to my normal direct view crt in the living room.
my main concern with a TV is that the resolution will be too big for such a large screen. I have read numerous opinions at this site and at other sites that say this is not a big problem.
any suggestions welcomed,
thanks in advance
dan