LCD turns off while and wont turn back on playing ut2k4??? wtf??

rlee

Gawd
not sure if this is in the right place but anyways... i was playing ut2k4 for about 30 mins, the game image suddenly froze, and my lcd turned off... my computer didn't freeze though cuz I heard AIM noises through my speakers... anyone know why? i tried to turn it off and back on, and the message i get is "no signal analog 1", which is kinda weird since im not on analog connection, im using the dvi connection. this also happend about a few weeks ago, but I wasnt playing any games. my computer was just on, as usual it's on 24/7, but one day when i got back to my computer, my monitor wouldnt turn back on. i had to shut down my computer and turn my computer on and hit the monitor on/off button a few times before it started to work again... any suggestions??? is this related to my video card oc?? should i put it back to stock speeds just to be safe?? im a lil worried.

Originally posted by HardAMD
your card might have overheated, thats my best guess

yeah I was thinking the same so I touched the memory on my video card, it was quite hot but I thought it was normal, not sure...

does your LCD have a feature that switches from Analog to Digital inputs? If so it might be changing somehow and not detecting a signal on the analog line, and restarting it bumps it back to the digital input being detected.

Back