LCD to Replace CRT

XSNiper

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1,372
Hi, I'm looking for a decent LCD that has DVI and is less then $305. I game alot and use photoshop a little bit. I would like to know what you guys think the best one would be. I prefer 19".

Currently looking at : HYUNDAI L90D+
 
Looks very nice and the price is right. After reading some reviews they say games will suffer if not in the native res, I play a fair amount of older games that don't do 1280x1024 and was wondering how bad it will be?
 
Thats always gets me too, I read review on the HYUNDAI and they say the visual performance degrades when not in native rez. But I can't tell how much....

I've never heard of Tyris before. Is this brand reputable?

EDIT: Sorry I can't stretch it past 305. It's for my birthday and $300 sharp is my limit. If there is a really good 17" out there then please tell me along with the 19".
 
ALL LCD's image quality degrades when you don't use the native resolution.

Some not as severe as others. It's a trait of the technology.

I can't see the different much in games, where image is constantly changing. However fine text in windows typically looks very bad.
 
Back
Top