LCD Terms??

Crankmonkey

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
316
First of all sorry for this but there's no search :(

Ok so Ive been reading these terms TN, GTG, DCR etc

What do they all mean and why do people go boo when they say it’s just another xxx for blah?
Im just asking because I have an old 19 Acer AL1917ABMD and Im looking to upgrade to a 22 or 24 in the near future for watching movies and playing games on. Oh and another thing does it matter anymore if the LCD has a gloss or mat finish

Thanks again
 
thanks

so now then reading about all these different technologies tn gives the fastest response time but has some color issues where as ips gives greater colors and viewing angles but the slowest response times. if both gaming and watching tv/movies etc i should be a ok with a tn viewing head on correct?
 
It also depeneds on how much do you want to spend and how demanding you are. I think you are already used to TNs, so you may give BenQ a try, V2400W or G2400WD, I think G2400 has lower input-lag than W2400.

My girlfriend is used to use her 19" TN (BenQ something). In my place I have now temporarily one of the most expensive IPSs (HP LP2480zx) and when I asked her about what she thinks about it she answered, that it is large and good for watching movies. Nothing about viewing angles, colour precision, input-lag. And she even paints in Illustrator and play some games.
This shows how we are all different.
 
Back
Top