LCD screen offset and wrapping after reinstalling system.

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
I was reinstalling my system, I have a 6800 and nforce2 A7n8x Asus mobo, and for some reason now, even without the video drivers installed, when I reach a res that has the max 1050 vertical that my 2005fpw can do, the screen will be offset to the right by 20 something pixels and wrap around to the other side.

So at 1400*1050 it offsets, so does 1680*1050 when drivers are installed. At 1680*900 I get horizontal blinds aross the screen.

It only happens on DVI, not VGA. I still have my old system on another hard drive and when I switch to that all is fine.

This is the first time I'm reinstalling my system with my new 2005fpw, and using the DVI port now, so I'm totally caught off guard by this.

Anyone heard of this? Windows has been brought to SP2, like on my older system. I've installed the latest Nforce Unified drivers, I tested the 71.80 and 71.81 nivdia drivers. 71.80 is the one on my other system, if I remember right.

What the heck is going on?

Here's another post eslewhere from someone that sounds like they have similar problem:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group...reen+wrapping+LCD+problem&&_doneTitle=Back+to

Success.

I uninstalled everything I could with nforce and display drivers.

I then went into save mode and installed the latest unified nforce drivers while at 1280*1024. After restarting I made the resolution back down to 800*600, so the problem was there while installing.

I then found with the latest nforce drivers I couldn't connect to the net after setting up the network. So I installed the original nforce drivers from the Asus disk over the new one. I restarted a couple times setting up the network.

Then with the net working I dled the current official drivers from nvidia. I installed those and restarted and this time started up at 8bit 640*480, but when I went to 1680*1050 the DVI monitor was no longer offset.

What a pain, I'm still not even sure what caused this problem and how what I did fixed it. But hopefully if someone has the same problem they'll find this thread and help in some way.

Back