LCD Resolution question

horaciocs

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
26
Hi all. I am thinking about purchasing a lcd display, perhaps a 17" or a 19" one, depending on it's price.

What I'm concerned about are the so called "native resolutions", the ones manufacturers say the display was meant to be used with. When playing games, sometimes my pc won't be able to stand some higher resolutions and I'll be forced to lower it in order to play properly.

Does using resolutions other than the recommended one lower image quality? I mean, of course 1280 is better than 1024, but will the image at 1024 be worse than expected?

How do Lcds take resolution changes? Do they behave just like crts or is there some difference worth being discussed?


Thanks,



Horacio
 
Non-native resolution scaling, for LCD's, most often results in extreme bluriness. There may be other effects such as artifacting as well, but once you see how awful the blurring is, that will probably be enough to dissuade you from using non-native resolutions.
 
Back
Top