LCD Question

Akutsukun

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Messages
116
I'm afraid to get an LCD because of a few things. I'm kind of ignorant so please help me.

I'm afraid of not getting a real good picture quality. I'm also worried about burn ins and that kind of stuff. I'm also worried about gaming and how it will change and that kind of stuff. I'm also worried about brands and pricing.

What would you recommend for a 19" monitor?
 
If you don't watch DVD's then get the VX922. Beautiful colors and fast response time.
 
Sta!nless said:
If you don't watch DVD's then get the VX922. Beautiful colors and fast response time.

Never understood this. How can it look great in one and not the other? Is there even a good all around LCD for 250-300 or do you always have to sacrifice being good in one area to be fair in another?
 
ElvishBoy311 said:
Never understood this. How can it look great in one and not the other? Is there even a good all around LCD for 250-300 or do you always have to sacrifice being good in one area to be fair in another?
No you don't have to sacrifice one for another, but you may have to make adjustments to the brightness and contrast. Easy enough if you do it through your vid cards control panel, you can set up profiles. Or some, like my Samsung 930B has a button that swtiches settings for: Custom, internet, text, games, video, sports. A very handy feature indeed. Yes there are some things to get used to but it only took my wife and I a few days to adjust and now we wouldn't but a CRT if our new LCD broke or was destroyed by something. We see benefits, like, screen size is amazing, 19" is huge compared to our 17" NEC CRT! The response time is 8ms and we see no flickering, ghosting, artifacts nor any other problems that people often tell you to beware of. One thing though, a 19" is going to cost more than $300-, 17" would be in that range but I couldn't imagine having the same native resolution (1280X1024) on 2" of less screen. That's just me though, you'd have to try one out yourself, spend a lot of time looking in the stores and realize your home lighting is usually much less bright than thier flourescents.
 
With a lot of low response LCDs you get a twinkling effect while watching SD movies. The pixels sort of seem to move while the picture is still. Also with LCDs the movie noise and other artifacts will be more noticeable than on a CRT.
 
Back
Top