lcd question

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
next month is my birthday and I'm in the market for a new lcd. My current lcd is a 17" dell. Would the 2005fpw/2001fp be big enough in that I would amazed at its size compared to my 17 incher that I have staring at for the past 2 years and is the biggest screen I've personally owned and worked off of. I know the 2405fpw will probably be droping in price. Would it be worth it to wait and get a 2405fpw or just get the 2005fpw/2001fp and just stick with that saying that it's big enough. Keep in mind to that i want to be able to play my games at full settings like I do now with my current system specs in my sig. Would i still be able to play max settings on games like Battlefield 2 and other graphics intensive games on a 20" lcd or even a 24" lcd?
 
I think you would be very satisfied with a 20.1 in. LCD coming from a 17". Widescreen ftw.

If you went with the 24" 2405, your card would probably handle it just fine with maybe minor adjustments. 1920x1200 is very nice resolution to play in.

Either choice would work with your current system. I owned the 2405 and played WoW and CS:S at max settings(1920x1200) with a x800pro so your card should do just fine.
 
I know games like WoW and CS:S would run fine, but what about games like Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R., etc?
 
would it better to get the 24 inch and kind of future proof myself and just run the monitor at like 1680x1050 or whatever which is the resolution of a 20 inch lcd so that I still could play my games at max settings and high frames per second. Then when I get a better a better video card down the road, i'll still have the big monitor and I'll be able to max the resolution out to 1920x1200 or whatever. I know the 24" 2405fpw is a little more than the 20" 2005fpw, but would it be worth it since I would be keeping the monitor for a really long time? Wouldn't a monitor that big last for at least 5 years. I would hope so if i spent that much.
 
Well, I own FEAR and was playing it at 1920x1200 with the settings around medium to high with no AA just fine. Your card stomps mine(x800pro) so I dont think you would be disapointed with your performance if you got the 2405.

If you have the funds, I would get the 2405 or even better...the 2407(if it exists). Keep in mind that there is some documented problems with the 2405 like minor input lag and a little ghosting. When I had my 2405, I noticed some slight ghosting but nothing that really affected my gameplay much. If you are already used to LCDs, you wont notice a thing.
 
Back
Top