LCD : Problem with the Cleaning Agent

XAMY

n00b
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
3
Hello all, I am having an ACER LCD monitor, few days back I was trying to clean it while the monitor was on with the cleaning agent, I sprinkled cleaning agent all over LCD, I don't know what happened it started floating all over the screen and still it is floating on it.
Please guys I really need your help how I resolve this problem and get my previous screen back :confused::confused:
Please help..
 
What is the "cleaning agent"?

If it is window cleaner such as Windex that contains ammonia, you probably ruined your monitor, and your only choice would be to buy a new one.

If the cleaning agent is something else, you can try using distilled water (commonly found in the grocery store) and a microfiber cloth to clean it, and if that doesn't work, isopropyl alcohol diluted with distilled water (commonly found as rubbing alcohol in the grocery store) and a microfiber cloth. If neither of these get it off, you're done, get a new monitor.
 
Thanks for your reply, it was not actually the former one type washing agent but a kind of cleaning mirrors, woods, computer etc.
 
Still need to know what the cleaning agent is. What's the brand name?
 
I don't know whether you know about it or not but it's called COLIN
 
Colin is a glass cleaner sold in India, from googling it looks like its basically windex... You damaged your monitor and have to buy a new one.
 
Back
Top