• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD-Native resolutions and desktop viewing

Island

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
887
I know lcd's native res is recommended and best for viewing...I use my viewsonics 1208\1024 for games and enjoy it, but for some reason, I have always used 1024\768 for normal every day desktop work\viewing.

Even when I had a crt, I used 1024. Anything higher, and it just strains my eyes, and ppl say text looks better at higher resolutions, but hell, I can't even focus past 1152, and I have 20\20 vision. I know there are things you can do like increasing font size and icon size, but does any1 have any recommendations on how to make using higher resolutions for normal desktop work more easier on the eyes?? Thanks
 
Um, if adjusting the font and icon sizes doesn't help, then nothing will?
Maybe its the brightness of your monitor?
 
Well there definately is a period of adjusment where everything 'seems' small. But a lot of it is just adapting to it. As resolutions were increasing slowly through out the mid-late 90's I was also growing with them, so I got used to stepping up my resolution for 800x600, to 1024x768, 1152x 864, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, and now since I moved to dual Dell 2005fpw's 1680x1050.

I would have to say that if you truly have 20/20 vision, these higher resolutions shouldn't just simply strain your eyes, there should be some other reason for it. Whether it's brightness, flickering refresh rate, monitor reflection, etc. Maybe seeing an optometrist and getting yourself some computer glasses would help. I'm thinking about getting that done pretty soon myself.
 
Back
Top