LCD Modding

krotch

Supreme [H]ardness
Been thinking of stripping my monitor, painting it, and adding a plexi window somewhere. Anyone here do it or have problems doing it?

you can die if you touch the wrong thing, be sure to do your research, good luck :D

There shouldn't be much to worry about with an LCD. A CRT, I can understand. Those tubes store quite a bit of power.

DOH!!! I completely missed the "lcd" part hehe, thought you meant crt.. yeah I haven't seen many serious lcd mods..

I don't think the LCD will get a plexi treatment. I've been looking over it and there's really nothing to show off inside an LCD. Unless someone has found a way to keep the light in, so the LCD still functions normally but get it so that you can see the image on the other side of the monitor.

I'll probably just paint it. I've painted my keyboard and mouse to match my case, but the monitor sticks out with it's silver color.

krotch said:
I don't think the LCD will get a plexi treatment. I've been looking over it and there's really nothing to show off inside an LCD. Unless someone has found a way to keep the light in, so the LCD still functions normally but get it so that you can see the image on the other side of the monitor.

I'll probably just paint it. I've painted my keyboard and mouse to match my case, but the monitor sticks out with it's silver color.

If you are going to take your LCD apart and you are suffering any light leakage around the edges you have the perfect opportunity to fix it.

Uneven tightening of the mounts that hold the actual panel can cause most of the problems, playing carefully with the torque of the mounting screws can make a huge difference.

Just a thought if you are going to take it apart anyway

Right now, there's no issue with light leakage. I'm just wondering if it'd be possible to keep the light in and at the same time, be able to show the picture on the other side of the monitor with a plexi. I'm thinking mirrors, but that'd only increase the size of the monitor.

probly not any way to do that.. but you could always put in a cold cathode so that the vents glow blue or red or whatever... just a suggestion

Back