• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

LCD Lag tester

Jensen

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
17
I made a simple counter in flash.... It increases the count by one every 1/100 of a second.
It will not sychronize with the refresh, of course, so it needs to be tested several times for accuracy.

Set two monitors in Clone Mode, run the flash counter, then take a picture of both screens at once. (set your camera to 1/60th of a second, and the monitors' refresh to 60hz). Take a few pictures.

When using my 2405 LCD and my CRT in clone mode, the 2405 lags a bit more than 3/100 of a second.

I'd like to see someone test this with a different LCD and a CRT, and also test it with two different LCDs (one of them being a 2405).

This lag is my biggest complaint about the 2405.... the ghosting isn't bad, and the color is great. The lag is even worse with composite input (my Gamecube).

DOH! I forgot the link! http://webpages.charter.net/shadowfax1/counter.html
 
Hmm.... the counter runs slower in a browser than in the Flash application....
 
Jensen said:
Hmm.... the counter runs slower in a browser than in the Flash application....
Hi Jenson,

I did notice whilst I was doing my test last night that (in a browser) if I left it running for a bit, the counter increment would start to slow down.

Tony.
 
Back
Top