• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD gone purple

Julius

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
402
Anyone ever had this happen. My lcd has gone purple, like the screen displays everything but its just purple like a clear light purple. Any ideas?
No magnets were around the monitor it just went this color.
 
Well my guess is that perhaps the cable has come loose. Try disconnecting and re-connecting the cable to the computer (if that doesn't work also disconnect and re-connect it to the back of the display as well).

It's worth a shot.
 
Im not sure how I had the monitor for but maybe less than 8 months but not more than that.

Im going to try unplugging the cables.
 
badmonitor.jpg


^ See how bad the color is on that. Cables seem to be secure.
 
did you somehow tweak the osd temperature of graphic card colour settings?
 
that happened to me on my 17inch viewsonic. it only did it with the vga cable, i switched to digital*dvi* and it was fine. i believe its the cable, sir.
 
minase said:
did you somehow tweak the osd temperature of graphic card colour settings?

Nope, i switched the monitor to my laptop suing the same cord and it still didnt work.
 
Boozer said:
that happened to me on my 17inch viewsonic. it only did it with the vga cable, i switched to digital*dvi* and it was fine. i believe its the cable, sir.

Ill see about getting one. I wonder if any came with my cable boxes.
 
try doing the factory reset from within the OSD? Dunno, thats pretty wierd.
 
Jozone said:
try doing the factory reset from within the OSD? Dunno, thats pretty wierd.


Its not letting me changed anything the top menu says "locked' whatver that means. I select the menu and it only lets me increase vaules but i dont know what vaule im increasing

EDIT: Its only letting me increase/decrease the brightness I cant move down to reset or anything.
 
I recommend like others stated to change your cable, if that does not work, it'll help us troubleshoot to think it's something else.

As far as your OSD is concerned if you're using DVi then there are no settings for you to set (it's pixel perfect, it does all of those things for you). If you are using analogue it should allow you to change the settings.
 
Most likely thing is a broken green line on your cable, or (worse) within the vga connector itself. Try a new cable, or switch to DVI if you can.
 
You wanna know whats bizzare?? lol. I read the title of this thread, and more of less laughed, or shrugged it off, about 4 minutes ago

And then, I went to play a movie and BAM, a purple screen.

My 2405 dell, is about 4 days old, as with my comp lol. Very fooked up.
 
T0pSh3lf said:
You wanna know whats bizzare?? lol. I read the title of this thread, and more of less laughed, or shrugged it off, about 4 minutes ago

And then, I went to play a movie and BAM, a purple screen.

My 2405 dell, is about 4 days old, as with my comp lol. Very fooked up.

lol karma > you
 
I just checked a few things, the DVI pins were not tightened at all, as I was playing with it a day or so ago. I tightened them, and it didnt seem to do it, but it did flicker a small amount when the moview started, but that may be it refreshing.

Im just shocked it did it right when I checked this post, funny shit
 
agreed, replace the cable and see if that helps.

Usually when a whole monitor does a major change like that, somehow a wire for a specific color is broke, eaither in the monitor itself, or in the cable to the computer (like a bent pin, or a missing pin for that matter). make sure all your pins are fine and not bent......

Did this happen just randomly... or were you doing something to the monitor?

Good luck, and keep us posted!
 
towert7 said:
agreed, replace the cable and see if that helps.

Usually when a whole monitor does a major change like that, somehow a wire for a specific color is broke, eaither in the monitor itself, or in the cable to the computer (like a bent pin, or a missing pin for that matter). make sure all your pins are fine and not bent......

Did this happen just randomly... or were you doing something to the monitor?

Good luck, and keep us posted!


Hey, It just happened randomly, I thought I had a spare cord around the house but I didnt, Ill just have to pick one up and c if it works.

Thanks for the help all.
 
Back
Top