• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD geeks get in this thread NOW!!! -electronics and programming folks too ;)

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Messages
15,829
who would like a small full coolor 240*160 TFT Lcd WITH controller that hooks up to USB, Serial, SPI, I2C, or parallel?

http://store.earthlcd.com/s.nl/c.31...=ac112b781f4320db1c061dfd4c49bc62962ad26ad76f


gogogog

somone needs to start working on some software for this thing like NOW :D

if link dosent work

go to http://store.earthlcd.com/

click character/serial displays

its the ezLCD-001 or the ezLCD-001-EVK if your lazy and dont want to solder ;)

it uses a SED1375 controller, has built in DC/DC converters and the such.. and uses a AT mega 128L MPU...

it appears to have a very simple command set "Clear_Screen" "Set_Color" "Move" etc...

also has 80kb of flash for fonts/icons/backgrounds etc... that can be used with any of the interfaces

PDF for board/module combo

http://www.earthlcd.com/downloads/ezLCD-001_Product_Spec.pdf

PDF for the LCD itself...

http://www.earthlcd.com/downloads/acx705akm-7.pdf
 
Originally posted by FLECOM
who would like a small full coolor 240*160 TFT Lcd WITH controller that hooks up to USB, Serial, SPI, I2C, or parallel?
For a minimum cost of $149.00? No thank you..
While it looks like it would be fun to use, I could never justify the cost for something that I would have to spend so much time to get to work.

I'm sure some people will be falling over themselves to get it; however, I think that a small VGA or HQ composite LCD would be easier to impliment and save a lot of hassle in the long run. Danke anyway though.

-special [k]
 
I'll stick to my CF 20x4 that I just picked up with the bracket and cables for $20 from the FS/FT on AT :)


Okay, I really just wanted to brag.

Anyone wanna swap a bracket with Tux on it for a plain bracket? He's so cute... but it's pretty much a sin to be running XP and have this bracket.
 
Originally posted by ness1469
I'll stick to my CF 20x4 that I just picked up with the bracket and cables for $20 from the FS/FT on AT :)

...
where is this AT forum you speak about?
 
Originally posted by ness1469
I'll stick to my CF 20x4 that I just picked up with the bracket and cables for $20 from the FS/FT on AT :)


Okay, I really just wanted to brag.

Anyone wanna swap a bracket with Tux on it for a plain bracket? He's so cute... but it's pretty much a sin to be running XP and have this bracket.

fuck. 20 bucks? that just ruined my day.
 
Originally posted by specialk
For a minimum cost of $149.00? No thank you..
While it looks like it would be fun to use, I could never justify the cost for something that I would have to spend so much time to get to work.

I'm sure some people will be falling over themselves to get it; however, I think that a small VGA or HQ composite LCD would be easier to impliment and save a lot of hassle in the long run. Danke anyway though.

-special [k]

ya but both a VGA and HQ composite LCD are more than $150 anyway...

and if you look at the commands making an app for this would be extremely easy... even i could write an app and i know a little C++ and thats it ;)

dunno, i just thought it was cool :p
 
Ok Flecom, write one. :) Seriously tho, is this thing able to display as another monitor, or just text/graphics? While this would be cool, I have a hard time coming up with the cash for another CF 20x4 display. (One for $20, you brat! :)

Of course, I will prolly kick myself someday for not getting one of these.. Ohwell.
 
no it wont function as another monitor without a VGA>LCD controller...

but your 2x20 can display 40 characters... this is 240x160 grapical lcd lovin with full color ;)
 
O_O

I WANT ONE NOW!

to bad im a shitty coder and barely know any kind of language to write in...=/

but DAMN that thing look sweet!
 
Back
Top