• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD for dorm room

Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
613
What would you recommend for an lcd that can function as both a television and a computer monitor? I also want to hook up my ps2 to it and play. It should be preferably 19" or higher and reasonably priced because, well, I'm in college. Any suggestions?
 
Just get a nice TV, you'll be happier than a much smaller LCD. Besides chicks would rather curl up with you and watch a dvd on your TV than some 20" LCD, just IMO.
 
get a 20 inch or so tv with a small footprint. its cheap, and you can watch the game or whatever on it while doin other shite at your computer. from firsthand experience i say you won't regret having the tv separate.
 
I was thinking more along the lines of a decent 30" or 32" TV.... something that can support 720p/1080i. That would get you all the way through college and even gradschool if you so choose.
 
30-32 inches is more than enough for a dorm room...pr0n on a 32 inch lcd tv is an experience within itself...not that i know anything about that. id say 37 inches would be the limit though...anything bigger would just be uncomfortable to look at from close range
 
r00k said:
get a 20 inch or so tv with a small footprint. its cheap, and you can watch the game or whatever on it while doin other shite at your computer. from firsthand experience i say you won't regret having the tv separate.


Agreed. You'll appreciate having the TV seperate more than you'd think.


But if you must go with a single display the 2405 seems to fit the bill nicely.
 
I currently have an old 19" tv with no inputs other than the cable thing in the back. I've always had this icky feeling that tv's have really poor quality for everything because the resolution is bad and it blurs everything. I'm talking about the cheap small tv's mind you. Do the tv's still suck like that nowadays? What tv's DON'T blur the image on screen?
 
Money notwithstanding, I would prefer one huge screen. On a budget, having a separate TV is probably not a bad idea, but I know how space contraints must be a factor. I would go for the biggest Dell WS you can afford, assuming you only have room for one.
 
The 2405 is on the pricey side and I've had enough experience with bad light leakage to try to stay far away from even a hint of it on my next purchase.
 
silverwolf0 said:
The 2405 is on the pricey side and I've had enough experience with bad light leakage to try to stay far away from even a hint of it on my next purchase.

You aren't going to get much more than about a 20"-23" (if you get a good deal) screen for less than the price of the 2405.
 
The 37" westy would probably work well for you if you can afford it. Too bad the 30" dell has pretty much no inputs.
 
my 30 inch syntax cost me 699 when it was on sale at frys...to make things better i got a shelf model, which crapped out and got exchanged for a new model.. if you are not that lucky, you can still pick up a viewsonic 27 inch for about 750 now.
 
Back
Top