• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD for 300-400

Mr Zebra

n00b
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
12
For a few years I've been using a "Phillips 107E", but now I'd like to run higher resolutions so I want to get myself a 19"/20" LCD for 300$ -400$.

I need it for Gaming/watching Movies.


ciao
Mr Zebra


//edit:

Which one should I get for Movies, Gaming?:

- Viewsonic VP930
- ViewSonic VX922
- ViewSonic VX924
- Samsung 970P
- Hyundai Image Quest L90D+
- ???
 
For the $300 and $400 dollar range I would say go with either the VP930B or VX922.

The vp930b is fast enough for games but a lot of users including me could not live with the backlight bleeding. Its only a problem when the monitor shows a Pure Black screen. Any other color it doesn't show it. Although there is some blurring in 3D games after a while you will get used to it and you won't see it no more. VP930b is a dream to watch movies on, the image quality is superb and movies come to life aswell as regular TV. What makes it even better for movies its is Wide Viewing Angle. You can almost look at this monitor Sideways. This monitir is a good all around monitor, its also excellent for basic use like Web Surfing, its vibrance really makes colors come alive.

VX922 if your a hardcore gamer or you game a lot and your not worried about viewing angles or height and swivel adjustment. Its currently the fastest monitor in the world and it sells for a good price of something between $320 - $329 which in my opinion is a good deal.

Also take a look at the VX2025 and Dell 2005fpw a lot of users on this forum have these monitors and they love them, you get get them both for around $400 or more.
 
A 20.1" VX2025WM would be awesome, although it's like... 20$ over 400 or something. I'd save up for one if I was going to get an LCD :)
 
What advantages and disadvantages has the ViewSonic VX2025WM compared to the VP930B or VX922? Is it really worth the extra $ ?
 
Back
Top