LCD flatscreen images look grainy/inverted.

versello

2[H]4U
Has anyone ever experienced a flatscreen where the lighter colors on images look grainy / inverted / shifting sorta? I have a Sony SDM-S71, and areas where there are light colors looks like what I described earlier. I have had Sony send me a replacement and it still does the same thing. Video card has also been replaced, and results in the same effect. I've also tried this in a laptop - same thing.

I have checked the menu options and there is no calibration option and checked cable connectivity. Thanks.

Maybe it has something to do with the way that Sony makes those. Neither of the Dell's that I have had do anything wrong.

With certain color combinations and lighting, you will get a grainy look. That's just the way LCDs are. Normally I don't see it but certain times in the online game I play, certain times of the day in the game and certain textures, I get the grainy look.

Nothing you can do about it really, just the way it is.

If your screen doesn't have an Auto adjust feature, man, dat sucks. I have to periodically hit my auto adjust as sometimes when it gos into screensaver mode, it gets out of whack.

My Sony HX73 does not look grainy/inverted. Looks better than my 1801FP

That would probably be noise in the analog video signal. I'm not sure of a good way to get rid of it.

If you're willing to experiment, a line conditioner for your power supply might help a little, but I don't know for sure. There may be others out there with better experience.

Or else upgrade to a DVI connection if you can.

Back