• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD Experts: Look in here!!!!

Saeid

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
435
I have long been a fan of Samsung's LCD's... but with my last Samsung 173P+ i got a dead pixel, bad backlighting and bad angle (it says 178/178 but it really wasnt)....

Now with my older Samsung 172T i got NO dead pixels, amazing backlighting and very good angles (and it said 170/170), but it was slow 25ms.

Now im considering a new LCD since i gave back the 173P+.... and im wondering should i go widescreen or what?

My budget is around $600 CAD and i want good response time (doesnt have to be super fast), wide viewing angle, amazing backlighting, and good colors (cause i work with Adobe), Non-Glossy and a thin/attractive design.

I was at futureshop and i saw that NEC monitors had AMAZING angle's compared to the rest.

So from you LCD experts out there.... what monitor do u recommend????

Thanx in advance!
 
NEC lcd's are horrendously overpriced for what they are.

Samsung makes really nice monitors (do you like dell monitors or maybe sony's,... same panel).

Backlighting will never be perfect, but you can't really beat samsung. Dead pixels and bleeding happens, sometimes because of a design defect, sometimes random. All lcd's are have issues with viewing angles. The l90D+ from hyundai is worse than most, but I made the sacrifice for an 8pit panel.

Don't abandon Samsung because you got one bad monitor. With one good and one bad you should be a worst luke warm with them. Check out the 970p, its expensive but its an amazing monitor.
 
I would look into Viewsonic or Samsung. Dead pixels are random regardless of which brand you buy. Just take it back and ask for a new one.

I believe Samsung makes the best LCD and they are most sought after, but their price is a bit ridiculous to me. I guess that's the premium some people are willing to pay for that small difference.
 
IQJUMPuw said:
I would look into Viewsonic or Samsung. Dead pixels are random regardless of which brand you buy. Just take it back and ask for a new one.

I believe Samsung makes the best LCD and they are most sought after, but their price is a bit ridiculous to me. I guess that's the premium some people are willing to pay for that small difference.

I thinktheir lcd's run the gambit. They have cheap monitors with workable specs. High value monitors with significantly better specs for a reasonably increased price. And super high end lcd's with corresponding prices.
 
Back
Top