LCD Desk Arms/Wall Mounts

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ataneruo, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Ataneruo

Ataneruo n00b

Hey all, I'm planning on buying an LCD soon and I'd like it to be easily maneuverable as well as not take up any desk space. Therefore I've been thinking about getting a desk arm for it or perhaps mounting it on the wall above my desk (VESA 100). However, these both seem to go for $100-200, which seems rather steep. Does anyone have a source for these which offers them for $50 or less?

2. piako

piako [H]ard|Gawd

3. Voltron

Voltron Limp Gawd

I just got this flat/tilt wall mount. Click Here

It's awesome. Very sturdy and well built. Supports a wide rage of Vesa formats (including 100) and screen sizes from 13"-42" (incorrect on Newegg).

I imagine it will last a lifetime.

4. Sinister Crayon

Sinister Crayon Gawd

5. Fryguy8

Fryguy8 [H]ard|Gawd

That ebay auction for the single arm says it only supports up to like 20".

I'd want to just put 1 24 on my desk, then single arm mount to position another 24 directly on top of it.

Will this arm support this?

6. Sinister Crayon

Sinister Crayon Gawd

7. Ryom

Ryom [H]ard|Gawd

I'm selling a $200+ wall mount for $100 if you are interested: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1153547

8. taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon 2[H]4U

I've found relativity inexpensive wallmounts (about $50) at Frys and Magnolia AV (aka Magnolia Hi-Fi, not sure if they have it out of state)

I've got an extra one that I'd sell you, but it only tilts up and down (no articulation) so I don't think you'd want it.

9. Ryle

Ryle [H]ard|Gawd

what monitor did you get this for?

i want to get it for my 37" westy. Just want to make sure it will fit before buying.

10. Voltron

Voltron Limp Gawd

I got it for my Westy 37" wich is a 200mm Vesa. It should work just fine. I haven't recieved my screen yet, will get it tomorrow hopefully. I expect no mounting problems.

One of the things I also like about this bracket is the mounting holes are right down the middle instead of a square pattern. So it will be really easy to mount it to a stud.