LCD burn in?

powerhouse

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
153
I have a dell 2005 with the 2003 server logon box burned into the screen. Even after the use of a screen saver.

I didn't think LCD's could be burnt in but it is clear with the right color background even on different OS's. Has anyone else seen this? Will Dell RMA it?
 
I have a 4" line in the middle of my screen that appears to have burned in. I first noticed it playing Dungeon Siege a few months ago and it looks either grey or light blue.

I've got a 17" 16ms Hitachi CML124SWXB and bought it on 2002.
 
With lcds it is not called burn-in but "retained pixel charge". It should go away with some time. You can research it some but the best way I've herd of getting rid of it is to run a single color on the screen using like a monitor test program and it will help remove the box. People with plasmas seem to try the same thing for images that are not burned in all the way.
 
I had a similar issue recently with my 2005FPW. I had a faint grey line at the border of where my start menu was. I did some research online, and after finding 500 websites that said Burn-In doesn't happen on LCDs, I found a site that explained it, though after a reformat I lost my bookmarks.

Pretty much, I just started turning off the monitor whenever I walked away, instead of letting it sit until the screensaver comes on. I went away for a weekend and it was off for that whole time, and when I came back the "burn-in" effect had disappeared.

Now I'm just more careful about turning off the monitor, and I haven't seen anything come back.
 
Back
Top