• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LCD Blurry text while scrolling

Sterling

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
69
HI

Ive been using a 17 inch crt. Today I purchased my first 17 inch LCD. When I scroll the text gets blurry. The response time of this samsung 730b monitor is 8 seconds. Is this how all LCDS behave or is there a setting set wrong??



thanks
 
heh 8 seconds...I'm pretty sure you mean 8 milliseconds.

anyway, that's a common complaint that people have when they first use LCDs, especially if the response time isn't that great. My Hyundai L90D+ is an 8ms panel and it barely shows any blurring at all, but maybe you're just more sensitive to it.

Most modern lcd's have pretty much eliminated those old ghosting and blurring issues. Is that panel VGA or DVI?
 
HI Again

Yes u guys are right. The response time of this monitor is 8 milleseconds and the monitor is set at 60hz. Samsung 730B IM thinking about returning this monitor. I actually have the brightness and the contrast set to zero and its still to bright. If i set this monitor setting all the way up it would make a fanstastic motorcycle head lamp. I went over to the Dell kiosk and there monitors are overly bright too. Im impressed with the quality of the Text but dont want to wear shades in the house.
 
Yea, the brightness really makes it easier to see during daylight compared to a CRT. My latest Viewsonic LCDTV (using as computer monitor and TV) was factory set at 50 for brightness and 50 for contrast. I set the monitor to 50 for brightness and 5 for contrast. Then I tweaked it some more using ATI Tray Tools colour profile. My old Samsung (25ms) shows text blurring when you scroll fast in your web browser but my latest Viewsonic (8ms) doesn't.
 
Back
Top