• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laying UPS on its side?

night_2004

2[H]4U
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
2,229
I've got an APC BackUPS XS 1300VA and I am wondering if I could safely use it while it is laying on its side.

It has a sealed battery according to APC and I do not see anything in the instruction manual about *not* doing this, but just because it is not listed does not mean it is on the no-no list.

Thoughts?
 
You could hang it upside down from a piece of wire if you wanted. It'll be fine. I use them right side up/upside down. End on end... however i can fit it into spots sometimes.
 
Just worried since some lead acid batteries (from what I understand) are supposed to not be turned upside down. Granted this is a "sealed" battery but wanted to make sure there was not some other reason to keep it upright.
 
As long as there are no fans which side vent (like the larger SmartUPS units) there shouldn't be a problem.
 
I have seen sealed batteries leak a little at work but they were dead (would not hold much charge) by that time.
 
Back
Top