LawBreakers Vanguard: Boss Key Tips

HardOCP News

[H] News
Boss Key Studios has put out another LawBreakers Vanguard trailer today. This time around the developers talk about what they like about the Vanguard character and strategies they use while playing. How many of you out there are interesting in this game?

I'm half interested, something tells me this game won't deliver

Played the alpha this past weekend. I think the 5 on 5 thing will never agree with me. I'd much rather play something huge like Planetside 2. 5v5 has an extreme repetitiveness to it that is unappealing that even something minimally more like 10v10 doesn't have.

Played the alpha this past weekend. I think the 5 on 5 thing will never agree with me. I'd much rather play something huge like Planetside 2. 5v5 has an extreme repetitiveness to it that is unappealing that even something minimally more like 10v10 doesn't have.

The people I've spoken to all told me the movement is too fast and disorienting

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
After playing the alpha phases I would say that at least for me that Vanguard did not work like that for me at all. Yes the abilities were there but it was odd, it seemed that half the players could kill with 2 - 3 hits while others could hit with 50 rounds and do nothing.
That video made it look very cool and it is probably me being old and not as twitchy as I once was but for now I am out because I could not grab many kills or damage.

The people I've spoken to all told me the movement is too fast and disorienting

I wouldn't say disorienting more like very unbalanced. The character did move fast but alt abilities to me had a sort of delayed slow reaction.

I wouldn't say disorienting more like very unbalanced. The character did move fast but alt abilities to me had a sort of delayed slow reaction.
It also looks so much like UT4 it's uncanny.

like this
I played the alpha. It's ok. They need to work on balance a bit but maybe I'm also just over the arena shooter thing. I played so much Q2 and Q3 arena back in the old days it's ridiculous but kind of just over them at this point.

Those two idiots they interviewed ruined it for me.

I thought beards and the lumbersexual thing was on the way out? God I hope so. We have sooo many in Portland, they are all "unique" snowflakes and yet...look the same? I missed out on selling hiking boots with no laces, that would have been a good train to get on.

Really though, so this is just an overwatch clone yeah? Overwatch looks really fun, some people I know play it and love it. What's different about this game? Faster, less anime, uh different abilities and weapons or something?

I played the alpha as well. Swinging around as the assassin was alright but everything else didnt feel that great. It really needed a shield of some kind as it was a real bullet sponge.

This game made me sick I had nausea so bad after playing this game from fast movements I had pretty high expectations since it's a Cliffy B game.

The game so far is pretty 'meh', but I think it has the bones to get better.

like this
Back