• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Launching Everest compleatly shuts down my computer.

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
14,522
Just built a new PC, Liquid cooled DFI LT x48, Intel Q9450, 8800GTS G92, SB X-Fi xtreme gamer, 8GB G.Skillz PC 8800.

PSU Enermax Liberty 620, 1 Raptor 150gb, 1 WD Green Power 1TB, 1 WD 400GB Caviar 7200RPM.

I want to start overclocking but I need a hardware monitor first. When I launch everest my PC compleatly turns off (Fans and everything) Then comes back on. What gives? Is it that my PSU can't power everything?
 
bad install of everest?

bad RAM? Doesn't everest check startup DLLs and stuff? maybe I am thinking of a different program.
 
I don't know it is my first time using it. I'll try memtest tonight but nothing else is making the computer shut off jsut Everest. I have tried to re-install. Sometimes the program almost starts all the way but it ALWAYS shuts off my PC. It doe snot jsut restart it it shuts it down! All my fans shut off, MB shuts off, even LED's for case lighting shut off. Pump shuts off. It's like it pushes the power button on my computer then pushes it a few more times. Sometimes it takes a few tries to start up. It's very strange.

I hope it is not bad RAM. It seems like every PC I build I have to RMA memory a few times before I get stuff that works. I'll try memtest later tonight when I get home but I don't think that is it.

Prime 95 seems to run, although I havent left it on long enough to really test, only about 1/2 hour thus far.
 
well Prime and IntelCPU Burn Stable, Memtest stable....

Not only does Everest sompletely shut off my PC, (hard drives turn off etc) Then it turns itself back on and I get a bunch of corrupt files...
 
Back
Top