I just got hooked on launchcast from the recommendation of a friend. at first it just totally played a lot of my favorite tunes... I rated everything... and then it started playing stuff nowhere near what I like. I was about to drop it when it played another of my alltime favs... and the thing has been going on streaks of on and off since.
It was built quite stupid... I found out that it dumps songs in there that are different then your tastes to "find out if you like them"... well I also found out there is a limited number of 'skips' next song button... until you pay. While I love the idea and premise behind it is very solid, I cant help but think that they wrote the algorithm purpousely to throw in songs you dont like so you would skip more then what was given to you, and then have to buy it. I am worried that if I buy it it will use the same algorithm... which is so frieking stupid... While $4 monthly or $3/month for 12 months isnt bad at all, its still just... if I pay for something like such, I am going to want it to be doing its best to never play a song I dont like.
The reason it plays a lot of the things I dont end up liking... "you like songs from this genre"... maybe Im just being too picky or something, I dunno... but if I pay for it and it still does the same crap... a lot, like it does now... I dont think I will want it long.
--------------
What do you think about it?
It was built quite stupid... I found out that it dumps songs in there that are different then your tastes to "find out if you like them"... well I also found out there is a limited number of 'skips' next song button... until you pay. While I love the idea and premise behind it is very solid, I cant help but think that they wrote the algorithm purpousely to throw in songs you dont like so you would skip more then what was given to you, and then have to buy it. I am worried that if I buy it it will use the same algorithm... which is so frieking stupid... While $4 monthly or $3/month for 12 months isnt bad at all, its still just... if I pay for something like such, I am going to want it to be doing its best to never play a song I dont like.
The reason it plays a lot of the things I dont end up liking... "you like songs from this genre"... maybe Im just being too picky or something, I dunno... but if I pay for it and it still does the same crap... a lot, like it does now... I dont think I will want it long.
--------------
What do you think about it?