Laughable Anti-Title II Propaganda Video

I mean, obviously. Nevermind that I went around my office asking some of the same questions and was just met with a bunch of blank stares and "Huh?"

I bet you forgot to ask leading questions like "Did you know the guvement sux?!?"

"The internet is opened now, but it will be if the gov has it way"

Did I hear that right?

You'd think people as douche-bag-hipster as those actors are, they'd have an entirely different mindset towards this sort of thing. They are either informed and totally against this sort of thing, or are entirely too superficially-intelligent and would have zero clue about any of these terms mentioned. There isn't this "informed pro-corp" person that isn't directly paid by those people. It simply doesn't exist.

So what if what's being said ends up true?

Well they have been talking about adding fees to data like they do phone service, so if they do go that route then you would be paying more for data.

2015 CTIA Officers
Meredith Attwell Baker
President & CEO

Ronald Smith
President and CEO
Bluegrass Cellular, Inc.
Chairman

Dan Mead
President and CEO
Verizon Wireless
Chairman Emeritus

Glenn Lurie
CEO
AT&T Mobility
Vice Chairman

Bret Comolli
Chairman
Asurion
Treasurer

That's just the officers, the board of directors has at least 1 person from every major carrier. As usual, all you have to do is follow the money.

No shit the board is made up of wireless companies, it is the fucking wireless association. Will you be surprised to learn that the cable tv association is made up of cable companies or that NECA (National Exchange Carrier Association) is made up of phone companies? It is a good thing they don't have basket ball teams in the National Basketball Association,
or football teams in the National Football League. I mean that would just be crazy.

That all said this is some crazy ass stuff in this video.

Awful video, yes, but ... HOLY SH*T, THAT'S MY NEIGHBORHOOD! I guess that's kinda cool. Mosaic District, Merrifield, VA, for those curious.

So, in summary

Weibo-paid-propaganda-commenters.jpg

I would have bet money on that being a spoof too.

Hello, we're the CTIA, and we think our customers are unbelievably stupid.....

definitely choreographed actors. ITS OBVIOUS !!! anyone here stupid enough to think he is asking a non actor on the street what they think ?

NO!!! because we and especially he knows he will get his ass handed to him with a more rational/sensible response to his bullshit propaganda :rolleyes: lelz

Cheesy video, but what's laughable is supporting the .gov for more regulation. Liberals love naivety.

I think everyone is too harsh on this video, personally I love his completely dead eyes while he's trying to sound interested in the topic.

Seriously, maybe the ISPs shouldn't have threatened to sue the FCC regardless of their decision if they didn't want this happening. It's like the behavior of a spoiled child.

Indeed. Anything that has the word "guvment" in it this days is essentially satanic to many people these days that are perfectly happy to do exactly that opposite of what's in their own personal interests.

3 points:

A) No one needs you to tell them what their "personal interests" are. I'm sure you believe you know what's best for everyone, but no thanks.

B) Some people look beyond their personal interests at the larger picture and sometimes, *gasp* make choices that are good for something else, their community, their nation, for instance.

C) "Voting against self interest" is a line typically used when liberal douchebags want to throw a fit that poor people aren't voting for the party offering to buy their vote with the biggest handouts....dems. I strongly suspect that's where you got your inspiration from.

Cheesy video, but what's laughable is supporting the .gov for more regulation. Liberals love naivety.

Oh, the government only wants the best for you. I'm sure there's no ulterior motive in this move by the FCC, whatsoever. They just want everyone to have fast, inexpensive broadband because they love us so much.

And that part about taxation and fees under Title II? Well, the FCC chairman said he wouldn't use that part of Title II to impose those. That's alright then, I mean, who needs binding laws when this guy gave us his word?

We all know the MPAA and RIAA have had a huge amount of sway with the government, but I'm sure they won't be allowed to have any say in the way this plays out....no sir, they love us all too and will happily stand back as power over the internet is about to shift in most significant way we've ever seen.

definitely choreographed actors. ITS OBVIOUS !!! anyone here stupid enough to think he is asking a non actor on the street what they think
Whoa. Are you saying all those gender diverse, multi-ethnic citizens hanging around the local coffee shop are actors?

Oh, the government only wants the best for you. I'm sure there's no ulterior motive in this move by the FCC, whatsoever. They just want everyone to have fast, inexpensive broadband because they love us so much.
15 years ago, $20 a month for internet got me dial-up. Nowadays, $20 for internet gets me... dial-up. If I want lowest-tier broadband, I still have to pay at least $40 a month for that, same as I did 15 years ago. There has absolutely no progress in affordability.

The motives of government are debatable. Maybe they want to do good for the commonwealth, maybe they just want more tax money, maybe both, maybe something else, etc. The motives of the telcos are they want to screw me for as much as they can get away with and they've been doing a good job at it. I'd be amazed to see them do a WORSE job than the telcos, I mean just how low are we setting the bar here?

It's pretty lame that some people here are attacking the messenger instead of the message when both are equally deserving.

These twatwaffles had a chance to do something good with their "open" internet. And they chose to do bare minimum infrastructure upgrades and charge ridiculous amounts of money for tiny data caps. So fuck them....now its time for them to bend over and get raped like we've been getting raped for the past 20 years.

And yeah I'm hardcore republican.
Do you really think they're going to pay for anything?
Any cost increases will be shouldered by the customer, just like everything else.
It'd be refreshing if, just once, these jackals would be honest.

C) "Voting against self interest" is a line typically used when liberal douchebags want to throw a fit that poor people aren't voting for the party offering to buy their vote with the biggest handouts....dems. I strongly suspect that's where you got your inspiration from.

I doubt this very seriously since the states with the poorest and least educated people are actually in red states. I don't have to suspect something like that because it's factually true. It's actually amazing that the constituents within the red states haven't figured out yet that their conservative small government politicians take advantage of big government at every turn. Actually everyone else in the country seems to get it as well.

They have universal heathcare, pension, and more vacation days than any one in Sweden. Yet they allow themselves to be straight up lied to. They will even root for some governor in Alaska who quit her job and lives off of what is essentially an enhanced Kickstarter web page. This is the same woman who hates teleprompters, but when her teleprompter broke recently she was reduced to sounding like someone on acid, meth, and weed all at once. Yet they give her MONEY they don't have. Stupid.

Dem politicians can play a similar game but at least they give their constituents something. Their constituents are also smart enough to take assistance rather than refuse it when their entire existence exists within a 10 X 10 room with wheels.

I doubt this very seriously since the states with the poorest and least educated people are actually in red states. I don't have to suspect something like that because it's factually true. It's actually amazing that the constituents within the red states haven't figured out yet that their conservative small government politicians take advantage of big government at every turn. Actually everyone else in the country seems to get it as well.

They have universal heathcare, pension, and more vacation days than any one in Sweden. Yet they allow themselves to be straight up lied to. They will even root for some governor in Alaska who quit her job and lives off of what is essentially an enhanced Kickstarter web page. This is the same woman who hates teleprompters, but when her teleprompter broke recently she was reduced to sounding like someone on acid, meth, and weed all at once. Yet they give her MONEY they don't have. Stupid.

Dem politicians can play a similar game but at least they give their constituents something. Their constituents are also smart enough to take assistance rather than refuse it when their entire existence exists within a 10 X 10 room with wheels.
I'm taking it you weren't raised in a crime filled city in a blue state? Rife with section 8 housing, shootings and PCP smoking ex-cons who stab babies? Literally stab babies.

Shockingly, after growing up in a place like that, I don't feel that more handouts, less personal responsibility and restricting my right to defend myself is the way to go. Guess I must be ignorant, huh? Because clearly, voting for the same party that's controlled this state with a veto-proof super majority for decades is in my best interest.

Did I mention I'm from Connecticut? So no, I don't live in a trailer, or worship Sarah Palin, or watch Fox News or fulfill any other stereotype you learned from watching Real Time.

A) No one needs you to tell them what their "personal interests" are. I'm sure you believe you know what's best for everyone, but no thanks.

Quality goods and services at affordable prices are generally in most people's best interest. I'd love to see a rational argument to the contrary.

B) Some people look beyond their personal interests at the larger picture and sometimes, *gasp* make choices that are good for something else, their community, their nation, for instance.

Charity begins at home. And in the context of wireless carries and Title II, I'm pretty sure Verizon & AT&T are thinking the same thing.

Funny thing is I'm a life long Democrat that's worked in many of the big evil businesses. Tobacco, pharmaceuticals, government and mega banking. You will not find a bigger advocate of free enterprise than me. But I'm also not so stupid as to believe that the pure pursuit of profit isn't fraught with complications.

I currently work for a mega bank and I'm very happy in my job currently. It's really been a great place to work and I've made good money and learned a lot. But I know beyond any doubt that it is not in most people's best interest in having banks like this write all of the banking laws as they see fit. And while I've never worked for a wireless company, I have a feeling that the same would apply to Verizon and AT&T in wireless legislation.

So if that makes me a liberal douchebag, guilty as charged.

This video is so real, candid, genuine, and these people are so right. Having an open internet is bad for everyone, especially those heavily invested in big olegopolic telecoms. These companies need to have a legal monopoly as well as no accountability to the public. This is better for everyone.

I'm taking it you weren't raised in a crime filled city in a blue state? Rife with section 8 housing, shootings and PCP smoking ex-cons who stab babies? Literally stab babies..

Sounds like a good story. However, everything I said regarding the poorest and most uneducated states is factually accurate. Your account seems to be more hyperbole. Something tells me that you don't know that red states (aside from DC -- although I don't think its ranked as high as it used to be) also have the highest crime rate per capita.

Shockingly, after growing up in a place like that, I don't feel that more handouts, less personal responsibility and restricting my right to defend myself is the way to go. Guess I must be ignorant, huh?

Because clearly, voting for the same party that's controlled this state with a veto-proof super majority for decades is in my best interest..

Actually yes. Connecticut has below national average poverty rates, it's crime rates aren't that high either. Translation: Your state has fewer people on financial assistance.

Did I mention I'm from Connecticut?.

No, apparently you can't remember.

So no, I don't live in a trailer, or worship Sarah Palin, or watch Fox News or fulfill any other stereotype you learned from watching Real Time.

How do you know if I mean physically? :D

Are they deleting comments? I can't see any comments except for two very pro comments, unless it's my mobile browser and yt being bitchy. I can't even see the comment I posted.

I, I couldn't watch it all the way through. Made my eyes bleed and my brain swell. So much spin city.

Are they deleting comments? I can't see any comments except for two very pro comments, unless it's my mobile browser and yt being bitchy. I can't even see the comment I posted.

They deleted them all & killed the voting too.

LOL. The sad part is thinking about how many people will watch this and believe it....sigh. Is it to late to sign up for that one way trip to Mars?

Indeed. Anything that has the word "guvment" in it this days is essentially satanic to many people these days that are perfectly happy to do exactly that opposite of what's in their own personal interests.

And people who like big government have never lied to get their way? Right.....

It's pretty lame that some people here are attacking the messenger instead of the message when both are equally deserving.

I think the video is so irritating because it's down right insulting in its production value. If you're going to lie to me with your propaganda at least show me some respect and do it well.

Idk. All my 'utility' bills have a few lines items for taxes & fees on them. Don't yours?

At least my utility companies cant tell me how to use my utilities. The electric company cant partner with Showtime and then cut the power when I try to watch HBO. I get 100% service for whatever I deem fit.

As Carlin said, reflect on how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half of them are dumber than that. I'd be surprised if this doesn't sway a few idiots, which is why I still think its a good idea to require a bare minimum intelligence test score to be allowed to vote, since stupid people often self-harm. Its like allowing a bus full of 5 year olds to play hide and seek on a train track... just not a good idea.

At least my utility companies cant tell me how to use my utilities. The electric company cant partner with Showtime and then cut the power when I try to watch HBO. I get 100% service for whatever I deem fit.

My phone company can charge me different rates for different distances even though it rides the same equipment. Before I went VoIP, it was actually 5 cents a minute out of state or Canada and 25 cents a minute accross town. Same circuits at each end and less wire, any logic in that?

My electrical and gas can charge me more money depending on Peak Demand.

So I could easily see you having access to everything technically, but at different cost rates. And if they want to control your behavior like viewing Netflix, they'll just charge a ridiculous premium for sustained high bitrate traffic from 5-12 pm. They can exempt short bursts of high demand and leave most websurfing unaffected.

My phone company can charge me different rates for different distances even though it rides the same equipment. Before I went VoIP, it was actually 5 cents a minute out of state or Canada and 25 cents a minute accross town. Same circuits at each end and less wire, any logic in that?

My electrical and gas can charge me more money depending on Peak Demand.

So I could easily see you having access to everything technically, but at different cost rates. And if they want to control your behavior like viewing Netflix, they'll just charge a ridiculous premium for sustained high bitrate traffic from 5-12 pm. They can exempt short bursts of high demand and leave most websurfing unaffected.

There is still no prejudice in this kind of throttling if it is done equally to all services. The electric company can charge me extra for peak usage and Comcast can do the same. What the electric company cant do is charge me extra for using LED bulbs instead of incandescent, the way Comcast wants to charge extra for Netflix vs Streampix.

Back