Latest Windows Vista ?

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey I would like to know what is teh latest Windows Vista Build is and also where can I download it?

Also if I can download it, Could I install it on my current sig PC and still able to run teh current games and programs on it?

I am sure this is alright to ask, I think.

Thanks.

It would run on your PC, if you had an MSDN account and were able to download the latest Beta version.

djnes said:
It would run on your PC, if you had an MSDN account and were able to download the latest Beta version.
I do have a MSDN account, but I dont know where Vista is.

Wow...you may be the first to create a thread looking for it legally! I wish I had an MSDN account to find it for you.

djnes said:
Wow...you may be the first to create a thread looking for it legally! I wish I had an MSDN account to find it for you.
lol yeah I dont want Microsoft on my back :D , plus I dont trust Pirated Version's of Windows OS's.

No offense, but your part of MSDN and you dont know where things are - did you steal someone's MSDN info or something? or you got a few $k to blow a month and not know where to find things... i cant imagine what else you have missed out on... you do know about Office 12 ?

I thought I was downloading it but it was teh SDK :( .

MrGuvernment do you have to buy a MSDN Account?

I dont think I have done anything wrong here :( .

MSDN is a Microsoft Partner/Developer subscription service that ranges from $200-2800 per year, so the answer to your question is yes, you have to purchase an account to download.

the gamer said:

the gamer said:

Yes, you will have to purchase a MSDN subscription to get access to the software. I think you can sign up for a free account which gives you access to the tech docs, but not any software downloads.

oh ok, Does that apply to teh Vista Public Beta that I heard about back in December?

But isnt that been delayed or something.

the gamer said:
oh ok, Does that apply to teh Vista Public Beta that I heard about back in December?

But isnt that been delayed or something.

Yea, I noticed that you consistently misspell the word "the." You might want to go back and fix it. "teh" should in fact be spelled "the"

the gamer said:
I do have a MSDN account, but I dont know where Vista is.
You say you have an MSDN account, but then later you ask if you have to pay for it? Hmmmm....

the gamer said:
Yeah, you have to wait until the public release (RC0?) if you don't have MSDN subscription access. The December Beta 2 is only available to subscribers.

djnes said:
You say you have an MSDN account, but then later you ask if you have to pay for it? Hmmmm....
Its only teh Free Version ,see below.

Yes, you will have to purchase a MSDN subscription to get access to the software. I think you can sign up for a free account which gives you access to the tech docs, but not any software downloads.

Go to msdn.com
Hit subscribers
Login
Go to Subscriber Downloads and Product Keys
Go to the Operating Systems tab
Go to Windows Vista
Download the beta

There is also two builds of the 'Community Technology Preview' but I do not know what that is for.

$700 for a microsoft operating systems subscription, god damn! i would get this if it wasn't thaaaat high, but this is for software devs to get the betas and start writing software early so i see why it's expensive.

There will be new beta release this month (rumors say the 21st), so if anyone is going to download and install Vista I would wait until then.

Back