latest Win update hoses LAN

Zyme

Limp Gawd
I have two desktops wired into my DI-524, and one laptop that connects via 802.11g. When I ran Win update, each could still access the internet, but none could connect to each other. I think there's something wrong with updates:

They are security updates, but I'm not enough of a network guru to understand what happened. After applying restore to a setpoint just prior to having run the update, network functionality was restored. Just FYI.
Z

I have installed all of those updates and have had no problems accessing my various computers over my network. Sounds like you have something else wrong, possibly the timing was just a coincidence based on the forced restart after installing the updates?

TheCzar said:
I have installed all of those updates and have had no problems accessing my various computers over my network. Sounds like you have something else wrong, possibly the timing was just a coincidence based on the forced restart after installing the updates?
Hmm. Don't think so. What I didn't say was that prior to restoring to a prior point, I tried reinitiallizing the router and cable modem, restabilishing the LAN setup with the WinXP wizard, rebooting, etc. Could there be a specific conflict with my D-link router or LAN config? Glad to hear you didn't have a problem.
Z

I noticed after the latest ADODB.Stream update, my internet was really slow. I have a 512/6000 connection. I ran several speed tests, and was getting 250/1200 .. I restored back to before the update and all was back to normal. cant explain it, and really dont care, I just know that I wont be installing that patch again.

Back