Latest watchOS Update Bricks Some Apple Watches

HardOCP News

[H] News
You're updating it wrong. Duh.

Apple has pulled the latest watchOS 3.1.1 update after some users reported that it bricked their Apple Watch. While it's not yet clear what has caused the issue, Apple's support page suggests trying to force restart the watch by pressing and holding the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time. Several Reddit threads on the update suggest that this rarely works, with many users forced to return the watch to an Apple Store or mail it to Apple directly for fixing or a replacement.

I predicted this after they dropped the $10,000 dollar watch from their line-up.

This doesnt surprise me. Apples mentality now days seem to be "golden Dixie cup". Pay a lot, then throw it away and get another one after a single use, or in this case update.

This doesnt surprise me. Apples mentality now days seem to be "golden Dixie cup". Pay a lot, then throw it away and get another one after a single use, or in this case update.
My 2+ year old iphone 6+ is still going strong and I have zero plans to replace it.

Back