Latest version drivers that work with coolbits?

Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
59
I upgraded my drivers and now coolbits doesn't work. I guess I had the old nvidia control panel and now there is a new one. When I try to monitor temp levels it says that overclocking and temps are now a nTune feature. So I installed ntune and when I click on the overclocking tab nothing happens.

Anyone know what the latest version that works with coolbits is? I don't like rivatuner or ati tools. Thanks :)
 
I upgraded my drivers and now coolbits doesn't work. I guess I had the old nvidia control panel and now there is a new one. When I try to monitor temp levels it says that overclocking and temps are now a nTune feature. So I installed ntune and when I click on the overclocking tab nothing happens.

Anyone know what the latest version that works with coolbits is? I don't like rivatuner or ati tools. Thanks :)

Right now, I'm using 162.18, which are the latest WHQL drivers, for my 7800 GTX and I'm using coolbits (I'm also using the old control panel), so you should try those.
 
Hey thanks for the replies.

I installed 162.18 and it still doesn't work. 162.18 comes with the newer control panel so how did you get to keep the old one? I applied coolbits after install the drivers and whenever I click on overclocking I get the same popup saying "this is now a performance feature u have to install ntune blah blah blah"

:(
 
Hey thanks for the replies.

I installed 162.18 and it still doesn't work. 162.18 comes with the newer control panel so how did you get to keep the old one? I applied coolbits after install the drivers and whenever I click on overclocking I get the same popup saying "this is now a performance feature u have to install ntune blah blah blah"

:(

No worries. Here's how you fix it. First run regedit.

Then loook for this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies

Set your values as seen below:

"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
"NVCplShowEnableVMR"=dword:00000001
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002

Click ok and leave regedit. Then re-apply coolbits and you're good to go. You can even switch from the old control panel to the new one and vice versa, if you feel like it.
 
Heeeeey it worked!! Thanks a bunch!

When I switch to the newer control panel I still get the same nTune error message, but using the old view I am able to overclock again. Thanks again :)
 
Heeeeey it worked!! Thanks a bunch!

When I switch to the newer control panel I still get the same nTune error message, but using the old view I am able to overclock again. Thanks again :)

You are welcome :)
 
Back
Top