Latest Updates on ETH Consensus Layer (ETH 2.0) from Devs Themselves

so its happening this year or no?
The video explains in great detail. As for your exact question, the answer is clear as mud. But it sounds like the merger is going to happen for sure at some point. It’s not going to be indefinitely put off. Sounds like they are close.

Yup clear as mud is correct but the final code is 99% done, they need to do some "alpha" testing and on a real client. Doesn't sound like June/July this year for something this big, MAYBE end of 2022.. but I am thinking spring 2023.

Yup clear as mud is correct but the final code is 99% done, they need to do some "alpha" testing and on a real client. Doesn't sound like June/July this year for something this big, MAYBE end of 2022.. but I am thinking spring 2023.
I watched the whole video, and I feel like it will be this summer. I also have no stake in crypto. I know why people dont want this happen to eth, but after watching that, I feel like it may actually this time.

I watched the whole video, and I feel like it will be this summer. I also have no stake in crypto. I know why people dont want this happen to eth, but after watching that, I feel like it may actually this time.
Thats the same vibe I get as well. Ben himself is calling for mid year, -1/+3 months. If things go as planned, it "should" be mid year. If anything comes along, Im betting it's pushed back to Q3 or Q4.

There's so much at stake (no pun intended) with the merge, it can't have any issues. Just because it's ready for testing, doesn't mean its close to being implemented. They even said in the interview, this isn't a race, and they aren't rushing it. If it has to be pushed back, they will do it to ensure the safety of the network and a smooth merge.

What's stopping this from being a hard fork? I would have to imagine the network will continue to be mined on so unless all exchanges pools and stakeholders accept the dev teams work I would imagine eth would split again after something like this

Back