Latest Status of the EVGA 680i

PK*

n00b
I've been holding off on a new build hoping that the 680i issues get worked out.

With the latest BIOS release, are the boards still having issues with the PS/2 mouse and keyboard while overclocking? Can anyone confirm this and possibly update myself and others on the biggest issues still present with this board?

Can't hold off on this build anymore, it's either the 680i or Commando at this point.

Thanks!

Having no problems here. I dont use a PS/2 mouse tho. (Logitec MX1000 - USB)

i was also looking at this board.and the Commando. and the P5Bdeluxe.

All really nice boards. All are great for overclocking. 680i is the most expensive.

Either way. If you decide to get this board. From my understanding you will not regret the purchase.

i know it had some big problems at the start but seems they got them ironed out now and alot of people say its now a great board.. i might have to get one myself when i can afford it:D

but some dont support quads.. FYI.. soo.. depends.

Im still leaning toawrds the Asus side :D always owned an ASus..

I have the 680i TR version which apparently does not support Quad but im running my Q6600 on it with no problems at all. All running very smooth.

Just got the A1 board installed last week and did some overclocking using Ntune. I have ps2 KB and usb mouse and no problems. Also supports quad. Very happy w/ purchase and of course the lifetime warranty does not hurt either. Peace

I have the 680i TR version which apparently does not support Quad but im running my Q6600 on it with no problems at all. All running very smooth.

It does support Intel's Core 2 Quad CPUs, it's just not the best when trying to overclock them.

Just got the A1 board installed last week and did some overclocking using Ntune.

Have you been overclocking your 8800; 'much success?

No problems with my EVGA 680i A1. I've been very happy with its overclocking performance and stability. :)

Just got the A1 board installed last week and did some overclocking using Ntune. I have ps2 KB and usb mouse and no problems. Also supports quad. Very happy w/ purchase and of course the lifetime warranty does not hurt either. Peace

Aaargh, get rid of nTune! Set you're overclocks in bios and forget nTune, it's total crap.

I've been reading gobs of message boards over this board. As was said NTune causes problems so do it in the bios instead. RAM has had some compatibility issues, but mostly with just the ridiculous ram that asks for 2.4V or so. Check out the EVGA forum for a list of known compatible ram. I still have plans to grab this board from what I've heard about it. Definitely grab the A1, revision of board to better support quad-core overclocking and lifetime warranty.

Back