Latest Revision to Dell 3007WFP?

sarvic

n00b
Just wondering if anyone knew what the latest revision was for the Dell 3007WFP...
Thanks!
:cool:

i ordered mine direct from DELL last week i wounder what they will give me i am still waiting.

Yeah, I have to say that story seems like bullshit to me - Dell has been doing A01s for a while, and I know peeps who've had both A01s and A00s and sya they're the same in terms of the backlight.

Let me tell my (ongoing) story about this... A couple of months ago I ordered the 3007, I got and I was like "WOW!, what a display.. Its massive and look how productive I can get with this resolution"... Then it got dark outside and I saw what I think is called backlight. To be totally honest I don't know if this is what backlight is. It was like when I was watching a movie (or playing games) where it was dark it was like I had 4 flashlights pointing at me, in each of the four corners of the screen. Needless to say it looked horrendous. I called Dell about this and they wanted pictures, I sent them some and they said that they would NOT exchange my monitor for this because "We can not guarentee a monitor that do not have this problem" (exact quote). Ok, then I don't want it but the salesperson convinced me that this was not a problem and he/she could not understand why the tech support would say something like that. So we cancelled my order and with the credit bought a new one. The new one arrived middle of last week and now I only have major backlight (my version, as explained above) in the lower right corner and some other minor in some other corners. But now I also have some strange pixel defect in the middle of the screen... I probably (most certainly can) replace this without going through the whole "cancel->order new one"-procedure but I dont know if they will ever satisfy me. I am so sick of this and will probably cancel this order and wait until Samsung or Benq releases their 30" (or the updated Apple 30")...

Just some food for thought.

-ocj

3007 A00 here, delivered from dell last week, ordered the week before. No backlight issue. ocjunior- it took me 3 2001FP's to get one w/o the backlight prob., it sucks !

Just got mine last night REV A01, the only backlight that I noticed was near the pwr button because it’s illuminated. Awsome Monitor BTW :)

i had a a00, then i complain about the back light, next day they swap with a brand new A01

Mine A01 has the same backligh issue like them of ocjunior.

I called Dell about this and without a picture they make a replacement - I should get the brand new one on tuesday.

ocjunior said:
Let me tell my (ongoing) story about this... A couple of months ago I ordered the 3007, I got and I was like "WOW!, what a display.. Its massive and look how productive I can get with this resolution"... Then it got dark outside and I saw what I think is called backlight. To be totally honest I don't know if this is what backlight is. It was like when I was watching a movie (or playing games) where it was dark it was like I had 4 flashlights pointing at me, in each of the four corners of the screen. Needless to say it looked horrendous. I called Dell about this and they wanted pictures, I sent them some and they said that they would NOT exchange my monitor for this because "We can not guarentee a monitor that do not have this problem" (exact quote). Ok, then I don't want it but the salesperson convinced me that this was not a problem and he/she could not understand why the tech support would say something like that. So we cancelled my order and with the credit bought a new one. The new one arrived middle of last week and now I only have major backlight (my version, as explained above) in the lower right corner and some other minor in some other corners. But now I also have some strange pixel defect in the middle of the screen... I probably (most certainly can) replace this without going through the whole "cancel->order new one"-procedure but I dont know if they will ever satisfy me. I am so sick of this and will probably cancel this order and wait until Samsung or Benq releases their 30" (or the updated Apple 30")...

Just some food for thought.

-ocj

I would not buy a 30" from Dell. As much as I love thier prices and deals on monitors $1500 is too much to invest on thier chances. According to guys I know inside monitor industry dell pays for grade B not grade A panels thus the "chance" of backlight bleed...dead pixels etc even though most might be fine it's calculted risk for Dell. Offer lowest price which everyone appreciates and know many won't notice issues, if they are even there..which mostly thier not.

For $350 thier IPS's are around half the price of everone else and it's worth it. But if you're dropping $1500 paper I'd look at Apple, HP, Sony NEC etc.

tightline said:
I would not buy a 30" from Dell. As much as I love thier prices and deals on monitors $1500 is too much to invest on thier chances.

The only other option is the 30" Apple with a 1 year warranty and NO PC connectivity settings. Dell has a 3 year warranty and is returnable for defects.

So, what's the bigger risk?

syntax_terror said:
The only other option is the 30" Apple with a 1 year warranty and NO PC connectivity settings. Dell has a 3 year warranty and is returnable for defects.

there is none, thats just retorhic spread by the competition to try to gain a foothold

syntax_terror said:

I can't speak for either manuf above, but Maxtor taught me back in 2002 that a warranty is only as good as the Co standing (or not) behind it...

Although the CS rep at the other end of the phone being rude and semi-yelling at me from the other end of the phone was the nail on the coffin for my not buying product from them again...

Then again, Maxtor only has a 1/3-yr warranty... I've only ever gotten Maxtor to NOT honor the FULL term of the warranty...

Unlike Seagate, who supposedly have a 5-yr warranty, but will politely refuse (so far from my experience) any RMA... If I cannot get the Seagate diag software (which only does a read surface scan) to say anything about the drive, it has got to be fine... Irregardless of whether or not Spinrite says the drive is crap, and my RAID controllers kick the drive off of the array before an initialization can even finish (bad bad)...

I'm thinking the only way to get Seagate to accept these flaky drives in RMA is to keep 'em powered until they fail and no longer respond... Then they obviously fail the Seagate diag as I can't even get them to power-on anyway... (I've done this now for two drives... I just haven't had the patience or necessity to call Seagate to attempt another RMA...)

But I can't help but wonder if the cost of repair goes up when you have to run a flaky drive to failure...

Only Samsung has never give me any problems...

But yeah even the movie Tommy Boy had a great (and true) line about warranties...

Tolyngee said:
But yeah even the movie Tommy Boy had a great (and true) line about warranties...

"If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark guaranteed on it, I'll do it... I've got spare time"

Sooo true.

Back