Latest Plex update 19Oct17

ob1

2[H]4U
Has anyone done testing with the patch that landed last night? I noticed the amount of CPU to transcode has dropped quite a bit, like an unreal amount and I was wondering if anyone else could verify either way. I turned on the GPU transcode as well, (new setting), but with the new GPU monitor on task manager, I did not see it using any GPU. I turned the GPU thing off and there was no change to the x.265 transcode only taking about 10% of the CPU. With how old my CPU and GPU are, I cannot believe a change to the transcode brain would bring that much of a change. I have to be missing something or doing something wrong, or maybe the quality somehow got crushed.

I have this
Version 1.9.4.4325

Is it the same as yours?

I honestly don't recall the version number, and I'm at work and they block Plex. It was a 1.9.something and the prompt came up yesterday for me. I generally try to check every few days to see if there is an update for the server. Also, I'm a plexpass member or whatever if that matters.

I honestly don't recall the version number, and I'm at work and they block Plex. It was a 1.9.something and the prompt came up yesterday for me. I generally try to check every few days to see if there is an update for the server. Also, I'm a plexpass member or whatever if that matters.
Since you have PlexPass, you may have a higher version since you get more features.
The version I have is the latest for me and I updated probably a week ago.

Just got home and version 1.9.5.4339 is what the server tab says. I had some friends help with testing and when 1080p or lower rez HEVC items are played using a FireTV box (not stick), it does directplay now instead of transcode, which would be why the CPU on the host is not getting hammered. When we played back a 4K HEVC file, it hammered the CPU like normal. So this may be an extender thing, but not sure, as I recall last night someone using an Apple TV had the same result as the Fire box.

Back