• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Latest guide or site for Large Cap storage?

Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
591
I hate being the guy to ask a question that's been asked 100 times.

But I'm looking to get a 24 bay norco, and want to set it up with a raid and expansion ability.

4TB HDDs, with expansion.

Googling gets results from 2012.

I know at one time a member on here had guides for this?

Any help?
Thanks
 
Any help?

It may help if you read the forums. I mean this topic is discussed frequently. In my opinion your solution depends on what you are storing on the disks. Is this a server or is this an HTPC. If the latter you are probably better off with SnapRAID and individual drives with 3 or more parity disks. If not I would use zfs with 3 8 drive raidz2 vdevs in your pool. Also if this is a server do you have a place to backup your data? If not would it be tragic if you had a total loss? Or is this the backup server? If so maybe the new 8TB archive drives would be a good fit for a backup server.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top