Latest 480 (4GB) leak shows OC beating FURY X (Proven FAKE)

I mentioned elsewhere that if two RX480's are roughly equal to a 1080 in AotS dx12, then 2x RX480's are roughly equal to a 1070 in dx11 (more or less depending on the game) because a pair benches 5-15% faster than the Fury X going by AMD's presentation. It is also similar price wise, with the added dx12 performance, at the cost of CF frame times.

I mentioned elsewhere that if two RX480's are roughly equal to a 1080 in AotS dx12, then 2x RX480's are roughly equal to a 1070 in dx11 (more or less depending on the game) because a pair benches 5-15% faster than the Fury X going by AMD's presentation. It is also similar price wise, with the added dx12 performance, at the cost of CF frame times.

And at the cost of issues where CF simply isn't supported and the setup performs like a single 480. At that point, spending a few $ more for a 1070 looks like a much smarter idea.

And at the cost of issues where CF simply isn't supported and the setup performs like a single 480. At that point, spending a few $ more for a 1070 looks like a much smarter idea.
I concur.

Basically, avoid CFX/SLI unless there simply is NO other option to give you the performance needed.

I think that some people are over thinking this.

If your budget is around $250 or less, get the RX 480/470/460.
If your budget is around $400-$450, get the GTX 1070.
If your budget is around $600-$700, get the GTX 1080.
If the card within your budget isn't enough of an upgrade to justify the cost, wait until next generation and re-evaluate, or re-evaluate your budget.

If the card within your budget isn't enough of an upgrade to justify the cost, wait until next generation and re-evaluate, or re-evaluate your budget.

This is actually an over simplification of purchasing behavior. Not everyone operates under a strict a budget. Therefore the difference between the RX 480 and GTX 1070 is important as that would determine whether or not the more expensive card is worth it to them (or in some cases necessary).

i would rather get 2 480 than 1 1070
if my budget was higher than 250 it would depend on what price the 490 or fury 2 is if the 480s are spanking out these numbers i can only imagine the top tier cards hitting well above this.

i would rather get 2 480 than 1 1070
if my budget was higher than 250 it would depend on what price the 490 or fury 2 is if the 480s are spanking out these numbers i can only imagine the top tier cards hitting well above this.
Longevity concerns or brand choice?

if at stock it manages to be on par with a Fury Nano then I think it would be a great card at 199.

Review samples are going to come with 8Gps, retail cards are coming with something less.

If this is true, AMD could get pinned down like the 970 3.5gb fiasco.

I guess it could still sell well... look at the 970 :)

If this is true, AMD could get pinned down like the 970 3.5gb fiasco.
Except it seemed like not a single journalist and a large amount of forum users did not give a fuck about being lied too. But I know AMD will get heat if they do something in any way similar.

Except it seemed like not a single journalist and a large amount of forum users did not give a fuck about being lied too. But I know AMD will get heat if they do something in any way similar.

Yes, they will feel the heat regardless and the journalists will rip them a new one. Who cares if its a great performing card.

I think I am buying a 1080 now anyways.

Yes, they will feel the heat regardless and the journalists will rip them a new one. Who cares if its a great performing card.

I think I am buying a 1080 now anyways.
I am going 1080 (and Titan X soon!) for my personal rigs, only reason I check on the 480 is I need a replacement card for the GF and for my friend. Could be a great budget buy for them.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I wanted to do 480 crossfire but crossfire on the 290 is absolutely terrible especially with Freesync enabled. Not inspiring confidence.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I wanted to do 480 crossfire but crossfire on the 290 is absolutely terrible especially with Freesync enabled. Not inspiring confidence.

What games?

I think the 290s are memory bandwidth bottlenecked on 4k. I lowered a few settings and its works fine with 4k CF freesync. (KF2 and NFS2015)

The frametime might be terrible if you are below 60fps in some games.

New AMD Radeon RX 480 3DMark Benchmarks | VideoCardz.com

AMD-Radeon-RX-480-3DMark-Fire-Strike-Ultra-900x663.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-480-3DMark-Fire-Strike-Extreme-900x664.png

Hmm 3dmark scores just keep getting less? And this is the real deal.

Last edited:
New AMD Radeon RX 480 3DMark Benchmarks | VideoCardz.com

AMD-Radeon-RX-480-3DMark-Fire-Strike-Ultra-900x663.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-480-3DMark-Fire-Strike-Extreme-900x664.png

Hmm 3dmark scores just keep getting less? And this is the real deal.

Context for those who don't click through:

What I can tell you about RX 480 scores is that the lowest score we have seen so far is around 15520 points. The highest score we have seen is 18060, and it was posted in our previous story as ‘best-case scenario’. The average score is 16823.

Meanwhile RX 470, which I assume is codenamed 67DF:C4 has the lowest score of ~13100. The highest reported score is 16164. Based on our data, the average score of RX 470 is 13368.

What games?

I think the 290s are memory bandwidth bottlenecked on 4k. I lowered a few settings and its works fine with 4k CF freesync. (KF2 and NFS2015)

The frametime might be terrible if you are below 60fps in some games.

GTAV is a stutter fest with Freesync and crossfire. When Freesync is off, its fine. I want Freesync though.

Looks like we are at stock 980/390x speeds for the RX480. We were trolled for 3 days and the hype train will be derailing.

Hypothetically if the 480 performs around this, would Nvidia cut the price of the 1070's?

Hypothetically if the 480 performs around this, would Nvidia cut the price of the 1070's?

If they knock it down to 350 they'll probably offer higher perf/$, or at least match 480. Doubt they will though, no need

No they won't, they aren't in the same segments, nor will the performance be close enough to Pascal for nV to do anything to their pricing structure.

Where did you guys get that the review samples use different memory compared to retail?

^
Unknown sources most likely.
Meant for Leldra, was not a response to Rvenger.

We know that GP106 is on the way. We're not entirely sure when it's going to hit and for what price. If the 1060 is near the price of the 4 GB RX 480, it might sell well (it will probably not be the better deal). Absolutely no reason for nVidia to drop prices when they have an unreleased SKU waiting to fill the price segment.

As razor and others have already posted, the x60 variants are usually released a quarter away from x80/x70. Depending on how many cards AMD can shift from release date, nVidia will probably have ceded the 200/300 USD market for at least a month but they'll also probably have shifted shedloads of 1080s/1070s at decent profit margins so it's probably a month that nVidia can afford to lose.

Came from Kyle. Well, he hinted it on at least, enough information to know something is up.
I do not know this for sure, but I would suggest we keep an eye on built-by AMD cards having 4GHz and many of the AIB cards having 3.5GHz memories. Came from a source that has never been wrong before, but it only came from this ONE source, so enough for me to say it publicly as a "keep and eye out for this possibly."

AIBs such as powercolor were putting slower VRAM on the 7970ghz skus back in the day so I can see a repeat of that. I wanted the Sapphire Nitro cheese grater edition so hopefully Sapphire complies with the reference specification.

Ill buy one regardless to play with even though I may jump to team green.

Then it will throttle no matter what. They can pull additional power from the PCI-e slot but unlikely.

Back