(Late) Anniversary

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wanted to say congrats to anyone celebrating any anniversaries (in addition to their milestones)....I knew I started in October of 2009, I thought it was late October so I was going to say "hey it's been a year for me, wahoo!" then I check and see I joined up 10-02-09 so it was actually several weeks ago. :D

So congrats to everyone, doesn't seem like it's been a year for me already. ;) Time flies when you're folding I guess. :) I'm glad I've lost count of how many hw upgrades I've had since then because if I had count on that and my wife found out, I'd probably be sleeping on the couch. LOL

Fold on!

Well done!

Have you added up how many watts used for the cause?

Man I have only been at it 2 and a bit months, and I feel burnt out ;)

Congratz on the anniversary. Z2D

Sorry to hear your feeling burnt out MIBW. You came on super-strong with 2 SR2 rigs. Just consider running them now as slightly more expensive heating bill.

Oh don't worry about me, I will chill a bit this week I think. I was merely noting I could not keep up this pace for as long as the zero2dash has been folding.

But yes, I am thinking my render power will be exceeding my power budget by a fair margin. I am already thinking of renting them to [H] members for the cost of power.. ;)

As a business, I get a return on investment for having a lot of render power for my animations. If I was buying them out of my own pocket for folding, it would make more sense to own one and run it 24/7, rather than two running less than half the time...

I'm glad I've lost count of how many hw upgrades I've had since then because if I had count on that and my wife found out, I'd probably be sleeping on the couch. LOL

Same here buddy; I fear getting married, as my gf gets worked up enough when it isn't "our" money.

Anyway, congrats!

Have you added up how many watts used for the cause?

It's probably been a steady 2000w if I'm adding up psu power (but I'm sure 2 of my machines, the q9450 and the e8400 don't hit full psu capacity at any time).

At first I had -
[email protected], 2x 4830's (didn't fold on those) on my primary workstation. e8400@stock, 1 8800gt on the secondary (mainly used by my wife in the living room), and e2200 on 3rd, my work machine.
Then I built the i7 920, got the 260's, and trickled down the rest (moved the q9450 to the living room and paired it with the 8800gt, took the e8400 to work).
Then I built another i7 920 that was bigadv only.
Since then (a few months ago) I sold all the i7 stuff, built the SR-2. The whole idea there was downsizing on boxen (going from 2 to 1 without losing power). The bonus is the lower power use. ;)

Now my tally is pretty much what's in my sig.
SR-2 is my primary workstation I do my CS5 work on.
the UD3P with the q9450 and 8800gt is still in the living room, mainly used by my wife still for Facebook, LOLcats, and occasionally Sims 3. :D my daughter uses it sometimes too, she usually uses my SR-2 though 'cause that's where all my Steam games are.
the e8400 is my work machine (which I brought in to quit having to use the old 1.8ghz single proc G5 Mac we have that absolutely sucks air on anything large in CS3).

I've kept pretty steady, babysitting clients isn't too bad (the worst one is the 8800gt which has the EUE problems I've posted about too many times). Seems to run a lot better since I've switched back to gpu2 though. :)

I wish I could do what you did but I have a new house and family. It's hard to get some "leisure" money right now.

Oh I hear ya, if not for selling old stuff and recouping most of what I paid out, there's no way I would have been able to get anything. I still have the itch (as a geek) to buy computer stuff even now, but there's just no way. The new goal is to get the CC bill back down. :)

Congrats on your first year.
thumbsup.gif

Here's to hoping there's not too many more (they make a breakthrough).

Back