Late Afternoon Defrag Streaming

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Are the adrenaline packed, high tension livestreams of Hunt Showdown too much for you? Perhaps PvPvE gameplay just isn't your bag? Well fortunately for you, we're here to help, and bring you "twitchdefrags," a 24/7 livestream of a hard drive being defragmented. Let your cares float away as you watch misplaced files do the same.

Who wants to make a stream of running scandisk on a monster drive?

Almost as much fun as watching system update progress bars on my PS4!

Somewhere, there's a construction worker looking at this livestream and thinking, "There are people who sit on there ass and get paid good money to watch this shit, and I work construction."

But I promise you, in thousands of machine rooms across America, there are machine room operators who are thinking, "Fuck this, I could be working construction right now. I had a chance to join a union and do something productive."

I always thought you turned off your screen saver and all other power options and started the defrag when you went to sleep in hopes it would be done in the morning?!

i've never defragged my hard drives, i have one thats been in use for 6 years.

Try watching a defrag on an 8088 computer with a 20 meg hard drive. So 1980's. But the question is not Who, but Why? Which is why I went to SSD's.

I want to know what Hard Drive he's defraging! That thing is one loud monster (unless he has the mic sitting right on top of it.)

And now its all making sense...

"Q: Are you really defragging hard drives 24/7
A: Good question. No. This is a hard drive defragging simulation stream. All the good feels, none of the poor tormented hard drives."

I want to know what Hard Drive he's defraging! That thing is one loud monster (unless he has the mic sitting right on top of it.)

And now its all making sense...

"Q: Are you really defragging hard drives 24/7
A: Good question. No. This is a hard drive defragging simulation stream. All the good feels, none of the poor tormented hard drives."
Tormented hard drives just makes me think of great it would be if Saw voice over was applied to Microsoft's defrag program do you want to play a game on defrag hover over click let the games begins...

The most fragmented HDD I have ever seen was that of an Email server.

The old DOS defrag. Interrupt it in the slightest, and it restarts the whole process

Defragments arn't all that bad to run. The old command line ones though are golden. Makes me want to run a defrag on a fully loaded VNX with a couple petabytes of storage. (though really can only defrag around 96tb at a time.. THANKS crappy file systems that won't let me have a single 3 petabyte disk as a Logical volume!)

Ok yea that just sounds funny... but I bet someone out there would have a valid use for a single petabyte volume on a server or environment somewhere. I could see very large VM environments needing something north of 100TB on a volume. But that would be a stretch.

i've never defragged my hard drives, i have one thats been in use for 6 years.

Unless you are running a piss old OS or directly disabled it. This is being done for you automatically anyway for at least more than a decade.

Unless you are running a piss old OS or directly disabled it. This is being done for you automatically anyway for at least more than a decade.
hmm. i think the samsung software that came with my SSD disabled the automatic defrag, but i still have a 3TB HDD.

Back