Last SMP Question I swear!

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
Ok, with the SMP even on a dual core box you would only install and run one versino correct? It seems you do not need to do multiple installs like the console version. I ask this because I am having trouble with a second client running and with just one SMP running, it tacks my CPU @ 100 With the console, it would ask me how much cpu to use I would say 100%. This would use one core 100%. Now it seems that 100% on the SMP install is using 100% on both cores.

Question asked: On a dual core box, would you install SMP running twice like old console version, or just once? Thanks, I hope to tackle this road soon!

The entire basis of the SMP client is to take advantage of the multiple threads that are becoming more and more common on today's processors. As such, you only want one SMP client running at any time as it will span itself over the number of processor/cores you have.

p[H]ant0m;1030876956 said:
As such, you only want one SMP client running at any time as it will span itself over the number of processor/cores you have.

A slight correction.
At the moment it will only span upto 4 cores.
So will a Dual-Quad core you still need two copies.

Luck ......... :D

yeah the quad core... Hopefully the price drop comes I heard about this month:D

Back