last remnant

NotJay

2[H]4U
so it came out today for pc did anybody grab this?
i know it came out in euro last week anybody care to comment?

HORRIBAD.

games feels like paper. Combat and fighting is a snooooooze fest. Character(s) is meh.

What else? story is somewhat interesting i guess, and i'm very easy to please when it comes to stories--many will find the story to be a snooze fest as well.

Overall- in my view- very very shallow game with NO depth, nothing interesting in the combat, not very grasping story, horrible port (i think its a port), and i almost forgot--bad controls.

I didn't finish the game, couldn't drag myself to do it. Spent around 3-4 hours on it and couldn't go longer, so i might be wrong :rolleyes:

HORRIBAD.

games feels like paper. Combat and fighting is a snooooooze fest. Character(s) is meh.

What else? story is somewhat interesting i guess, and i'm very easy to please when it comes to stories--many will find the story to be a snooze fest as well.

Overall- in my view- very very shallow game with NO depth, nothing interesting in the combat, not very grasping story, horrible port (i think its a port), and i almost forgot--bad controls.

I didn't finish the game, couldn't drag myself to do it. Spent around 3-4 hours on it and couldn't go longer, so i might be wrong :rolleyes:

i remember reading review when 360 version came out saying that if you have patience to get past early part of game it gets bit more interesting

I have been playing it on the PC. I gamefly'ed it on the 360 and was digging it. The PC version is much better in terms of load times and graphics. I highly recommend grabbing a 360 PC controller kit or if you have a 360 already the $15 usb plug that lets you use a 360 controller on your pc. The game was really designed to use it.

After you get past the warm-up area of the game, it goes from decent to awesome. I'm really disappointed with Squares renewed initiative to make feminine/wussy heros who are helped by metrosexual rulers. (See Infinite Undiscovery as well) Seriously, there is like some weird relational tension going on with two guys.

I've always been confused when people call the combat in this game "a snoozefest". I guess if you look at it simplistically and just choose the option with the most points each time, it could be that way. But when you figure out how to finesse the system and build teams to fit that finesse, combat shines and the system is built to reward that style of gameplay. I guess those same people put the critical strike system on autopilot instead of doing it themselves.

Back