Last Minute NVIDIA / Vista nForce3 Driver Bomb

webdev511

Limp Gawd
If you have a Socket 939 nForce3 motherboard and want to run Aero you may do so in one of the following configurations.

Any AMD64 single core CPU and any Aero Capable AGP Video card.

If you want to run Aero and have a dual core CPU, then you MUST RUN an Aero capable GeForce card.

Running a Dual Core CPU on nForce3 with a non NVIDIA Graphics Card causes the graphics card to throw a Code 43 error.

Nothing like NVIDIA waiting until the last minute before they came clean.

I understand the difficulties that you are currently facing. However, I would like to inform you that nforce3 is end of life product so we don't have any supported drivers for Windows Vista Operating System.

Both SiS and ULi AGP chipsets had the same post Vista RTM issue and have subsequently released fixes. So if you want to run a dual core 939 CPU and an ATI Graphics card, you'll have to change platforms.

And guess what, this is exactly my system. NForce3 with ATI card.. just great!!!

I just don't get NVIDIA.. just fix it damn it. Others did.

Anyway, I'm giving them a week.. and then, I'll get a Xpress 3200 board.

lol i knew there would be some drawbacks when mixing products from rival companies.

Yeah I'm done with nvidia they are useless, nforce3 motherboards are sold as vista certified too.

Next upgrade in a couple of years I plan to have a system that is free of nvidia components and hopefully free of intel components too.

Back