Last chance at top 50

0ldways

Limp Gawd
I can't hang with the top much longer. Got to try one more time for that before I get booted for good! Just because I can't remember, what is the power usage for GTX 780? Might replace a 660Ti with one if the PSU will handle it. PPD still roughly 140-150k?

Holy smokes - $650+ for a GPU? You are getting dangerously close to a 4p G34 machine that will keep you in the top 50 for many months to come.

Holy smokes - $650+ for a GPU? You are getting dangerously close to a 4p G34 machine that will keep you in the top 50 for many months to come.

Good advice.

Especially now days with people needing money and selling rigs for rather cheap. You can get a hell of a G34 4P for under $1k..

Just something to think about...

Hop into our IRC if you want specifics or further guidance on that...

Good advice! I just fired up the 2P 6172 server rig. It will unfortunately be shut down in a week, because I will be leaving for Malaysia. BUT it uses a lot more power than the GPU. I guess I should clarify that it is not bigadv because it is windows. The 2 dedicated folders are a 7970 AMD and the rig with the Ti 660. I will be upgrading to the 780 from the 660 so I should see a boost. haha! I had a 4p G34 but my ISP couldn't handle it.
I can't hang with the top 20 anymore, but I CAN try to keep contributing. This forum is the absolute best because of the continued support of people like you. Musky and m33p are an inspiration to us all for your dedication. Andy is an absolute pron king with the photos and information. jojo and all of the others are amazing, and the "net" is full of your advice. Even if we don't post it, we do follow. You guys are the kings and it is known.....

haha. not this week! should avoid your mower for a few more days m33p...

Back