Last 5-6 work units on my main all under 60 pointers??

Man thats odd. Right now my XP1700 is doing 150 PPD on a 600 point and my 3000+ at 2.3 is only doing 96 PPD.
Is there something else I can do with my config to ensure that I get bigger WU?
This is what my config looks like atm.

[settings]
username=[H]ella
team=33
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=1
local=25

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=30
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

[clienttype]
memory=512
type=3

Add -advmethods to your shortcut to F@H.

Here's my shortcut line

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\F@H\FAH502-Console.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

-Advmethods doesn't gaurentee big WUs but usually you get higher point WUs and some that are just out of BETA. Be warned, you could have a little higher memory usage. I'd try that.

My main box gets

600pter
small wu
600pter
small wu
600pter
and so on.

Hope that helps

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

I'm running the FAHConsole-5.04beta.exe and I'm sure that I did the -advmethods in the set up. Ill have to recheck.

make sure, if you set it up to run as a service, that it's in the service path

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

The trouble is that I've found that you tend to get sent back to the server that the work unit you've just dropped came from if that one has a glut of work units to give away.
If you're lucky that means a nice long string of high PpD work units.
If unlucky a string of low ones.

I'm happy as long as I run at around 2,000 PpD.
Lowest lately is only 1,500 due to a glut of small Gromacs.
Highest is 2,400 PpD due to a glut of Tinkers.

Luck........ :D

[H]ella|[H]ard said:
I'm running the FAHConsole-5.04beta.exe and I'm sure that I did the -advmethods in the set up. Ill have to recheck.

I've had the same problem with the beta console, I originally had the -advmethods flag on and never got a 600 pointer, I turned it off during lunch, hopefully I'll start picking up big ones. I've also thought about going back to the 5.02 console, I know when I set it up it grabs 600 pointers ok.

Like Tig said, it seems to go in streaks. This summer, i prolly got 60 600pters in a row on my main 2 home boxes. Then the last 2 weeks I got a string of 241 tinkers on all 7 boxes for 7-10 days. Now the trend is a lot of 46 & 116 pters, that really kill the ppd. (both fold exceptionally slow)

Back